Tale Of Death (Part 1)

Jaune swam into the middle of the pond, diving under and coming back up instantly. He took in a deep breath as he floating in the water, using his arms and legs to keep his head above the water. Pyrrha was still clothed, watching as Jaune swam alone. She didn't feel comfortable stripping into her undergarments with Jaune in viewing distance. 

However, that did not stop Pyrrha from watching Jaune as he swam effortlessly through the water. He was a natural, cutting through the water as if the water obeyed his whim. 

"Jaune, it's almost time to switch." Pyrrha said, taking off her gauntlets and arm sleeves. Elder Koraz, the kind old man who had healed Pyrrha, had gone off seeking his tribe again. 

"We'll meet again soon, my young friends." He had said before he left. She blushed as she remembered what he had whispered into her ear just seconds before he teleported back to his previous location. 

"You are very fortunate, young lady. To be so young and beautiful and yet you have someone who truly loves you. Cherish this, young warrior." He whispered before smiling and teleporting himself away. 

"Pyrrha, we can switch now." Jaune said as he crawled back up to shore, walking through the shallows and sand. Pyrrha covered her face, hiding the blush that refused to leave her alone. 

"Of-of course, Jaune." Pyrrha said, waiting for Jaune to turn his back on her. When he eventually did, Pyrrha stripped down to her undergarments and dove into the refreshing pool of water. 

Jaune heard her splash and quickly pulled on his shirt and shorts after switching from his own undergarments. He then picked up his sword and shield, preparing to take his turn to watch the small opening that lead to the crevice they were in. 

---

Ren walked forward, his magenta eyes refusing to look at his semi-annoying partner. Nora was chatting to herself, constantly stopping to almost viciously observe anything on the sides of the path yet somehow still keeping up with Ren. 

"Nora." Ren said quietly, slowly drawing his green sub-machine guns. 

"Yes, Ren?" Nora shouted, instantly standing at attention. She even had her arm raised in the salute, but the small action was soon lost when she spotted the large grimm blocking their way. It looked to be an overly large King Taijitu, but something was very wrong with it. 

-N- 

King Taijitu are the snake-like grimm that attack Ren in the Emerald Forest. However, many people do not realzie that the King Taijitu have two heads, a black and white one that are joined at the center. In other words, one snake, two heads, no tail. 

-N-

Many King Taijitu had joined together, creating a beast that looked like a Hydra. 

"Nora. Do Not. Move." Ren said, slowly backing up to her. Nora eagerly pulled Magnhild from it's holster, smirking as she stood at the ready. The Hydra suddenly lunged forwards, all 4 heads rearing their fangs. 

---

Jaune heard Ren scream in pain, quickly registering that they were close. 

"Pyrrha!" Jaune shouted, running back to the pond. She had already gotten dressed and dried when he arrived, her weapons and armor already equipped. She nodded to him, then took off running. 

"Ren! Where are you!?" Jaune shouted, cupping his hands around his lips. 

---

Nora was quickly thrown aside by the thrashing tail of the Hydra.  The Hydra then released it's wings before taking flight, roaring as it did so. Ren was quickly by Nora's side, although it wouldn't matter much. Nora was unconscious and Ren himself had sustained major injuries. Earlier, he'd managed to evade a fatal blow from one of the heads but the many fangs sunk themselves into his right arm. It was only thanks to Nora who smashed the beast back with Magnhild that he was still alive.

He held his arm gently, attempting to lessen the blood loss. They'd managed to successfully kill one of the heads which left three. Ren had slashed at the neck of the head multiple times before a powerful and perfectly timed blow from Nora severed the head. 

"Nora." Ren breathed as he suddenly looked at her. Blood was trickling down the left side of her face. Her right arm was cut deeply, a wound she received when she narrowly dodged a bite from one of the heads. 

"Ren! Where are you!?" Came Jaune's shouts. Ren instantly shot his head upwards, his magenta eyes looking for them. The Hydra flew off in the direction of Jaune's shouts, which would allow Ren to help Nora. He needed to be fast, however. He'd managed to read the Hydra's attack pattern and he figured that Jaune and Pyrrha would need that information. He quickly used white cloth to wrap the area where Nora's arm was damaged before cleaning the blood from her face and placing a bandage over her head wound. He then grabbed Magnhild and Nora, holding both in his arms as he ran towards Jaune's shouts. 

---

"Pyrrha, incoming!" Jaune shouted, stopping in his tracks and pulling his sword and shield. Pyrrha did the same, readying herself. 

"if it's coming this way, we might be too late to save Ren and Nora." Jaune said, gripping his sword tighter. They were standing in the middle of an opening between the rocky cliffs that towered high above them. 

"It can't come here. The canyons will prevent it from entering." Pyrrha replied, dropping her sword. 

"But we need to find Ren and Nora before it's too late." Jaune said restlessly. Uncertain sweat suddenly fell from his face as he came up with an idea. 

"Pyrrha. I'm going to get it to chase me. You find Ren and Nora and bring them here." Jaune said, using his new-found ability to sprout wings of light and fly into the air without a response from his beautiful companion. 

"Jaune! Don't!" Pyrrha shouted. He didn't turn around, but Pyrrha knew he'd heard her. She sighed, running into the open forest in front of her. 

---

Ren dropped to one of his knees, exhaustion suddenly taking him over. He almost dropped Nora and her hammer, but he managed to catch himself before he did. His breathing was heavy, sweat basically pouring down his face. 

"Ren!" Pyrrha shouted, the concern in her voice prominent. She ran to him, leaning down next to him and taking Nora from his arms. 

"How are you..... did you manage to beat the Hydra?" Ren asked, pausing many times due to his lack of breath. Pyrrha shook her head in answer. 

"Jaune is fighting the beast. We need to hurry. He won't last long." Pyrrha said in response. They suddenly heard the Hydr roar in pain, their heads turning in the direction Pyrrha had just come from. 

---

Jaune quickly used his wings to dodge an attack from the beast, the acid blast narrowly missing it's target. 

"Wooh. Not even close." Jaune said, sweat dripping down his face. His dark-blue eyes gazed at the beast flying before him, it's many red eyes glaring back.

"Still, I wasn't expecting this Hydra to be so strong." Jaune said, sighing to himself. He suddenly charged forward, shouting as he used his semblance again. His sword was glowing a bright white light, a strange phenomenon. The three-headed Hydra roared in response, flying towards him as well. Jaune swung his sword, instantly cutting off one head of the Hydra. The remaining hydra heads roared in pain as Jaune himself suddenly descended back to the ground, his energy and aura exhausted. 

"Geez. Can't you give me a break!?" Jaune shouted, dropping to one of his knees. 

The Hydra roared in anger, firing two blasts of acid at him. With his exhaustion suddenly hitting him, he'd have no way to dodge. 

He was done for.