The Tale Of Jaune Arc, The Oracle Of Light (Part2)

A/N Im sorry about the hiatus. I know, im a bad author for not writing this story for months! IM SORRY. My passion for writing has diminished because I've been focusing on school and my mental health. Now that school is over and my mental health has improved, I am going to be writing a lot more (But updating is a different story).

In other news, I have entered this story into the Wattys this year! With that being said, I'm going to be improving my writing in these chapters and working to improve the overall story! This means less updates (Even though the last time I updated this story was fricking April) and less content.

However, knowing me, I'll still try my best to update this story with chapters I am proud of and can say that put forth as much effort into them as possible.

Once again, thank you for reading! And Enjoy!

=------=

"Wha-? How do I-"

"Concentrate your aura around your body, then attempt to force your aura away from you." Ozpin interrupted before Jaune could even form his question.

The trapped blonde then attempted to gather his aura, but something was off. His aura was almost non-existent despite being nearly full in the presence of Salem just several minutes ago.

"Professor, it- it's not working!"

"What do you mean 'its not working'?"

"Oh never mind. I just needed to fart."

"...What?"

Jaune suddenly exploded his aura, shattering the slim and flimsy membrane that held both himself and the disgusting, translucent purple and red liquid. The Leorn snapped its head towards Jaune before angrily charging the drenched blonde.

"Oh my Oum!" Jaune shouted to himself before rolling forward to dodge the Leorn's arm slash and quickly drawing his sword from its holster. He then quickly turned around and in one clean motion slashed the beast's head off.

"I did it!" Jaune shouted to himself before he heard Ozpin clearing his throat behind him.

"Nicely done. Now hurry, free me and we will escape." Jaune paused at this. The phrase came into his mind, and was not heard. Why would that happen? Now that he was out of the container, shouldn't Ozpin be able to talk? Did something happen to him? He turned to face Ozpin before freezing in his tracks. Now that his eyes were open, he could clearly see that something was wrong with Ozpin. He was very clearly nothing but skin and bones, but that wasn't what caught Jaune's eye.

This man, the one who had been whispering in his mind, although resembled the professor, was not Ozpin.

"Who... are you?" Jaune asked, hesitantly standing in front of him with his sword still drawn and at the ready.

---

Salem slowly took several strides towards the room Jaune was being held. Several of her extended claws quickly opened the door for her before retracting onto her back. She smiled as she saw that Jaune had escaped, along with the other prisoner.

"Good. Now, my little pet, do me a favor." Salem said as she could see, for a split second through the hole Jaune's Aura Explosion had created, the top of Jaune's blonde head as he pulled the unnamed prisoner away from Beacon.

"And destroy them all." Salem said as she happily turned away from her pet and the unnamed prisoner and exited the room, the door closing behind her.

---

Later that day, Jaune and the unnamed prisoner had travelled quite a far distance from Beacon. Jaune gently laid the scrawny man down on the ground before running to the stream that was near them. He then found a large leaf and quickly used the leaf as a carrier for the water and brought the water back to the prisoner for a drink.

After the prisoner had drunken seven cups of water, he passed out leaving Jaune alone with his thoughts. What the prisoner had said earlier leaked into his mind.

---

"I am merely a vessel Ozpin is using to speak with you. My name is Varia Orlong. I was once a friend of Ozpin's before I was captured." The man had said in Jaune's mind.

"So everything you said was a lie?" Jaune had asked.

"No, it wasn't. Ozpin and I telepathically communicate. It is my gift that the gods gave me long ago."

"Gift?"

"Of course. I was the first being, the test subject. The first person with a semblance. The semblance to read and communicate with other people's minds."

"So how come you're still alive?"

"When Ozpin and I failed to see the corruption Salem was undergoing, we were tasked to stop her. Ozpin was given the gift of reincarnation while I was given the gift of immortality."

"This is.... a lot to take in. "

"Understandable. For now, we must  escape."

---

Jaune glanced over at Varia, his eyes catching the small lift and fall of his chest each breath bestowed upon him. Behind him, the sound of leaves ruffling suddenly caught Jaune's attention. With one quick motion, Jaune was on his feet, his sword drawn. He faced the sound as three men, each armed with Atlisian Military rifles, slowly appeared from the trees. Each had their rifles trained on Jaune, preparing to fire.

"State your name and reason as to why you're out here or we will open fire." The middle soldier said. Jaune kept his sword drawn, his palms tightening around the hilt for some reason. He took in a deep breath before sheathing his sword.

"Jaune Arc, Beacon Hunstman. I was..." Jaune paused for a moment, attempting to give his brain a moment to come up with a plausible excuse as to why he was outside of Vale's territory.

"I was separated from my team when I found this man." Jaune said as he pointed to Varia, who was still unconscious. Jaune then took one step forward, causing the three soldiers to raise their guns at his head in caution. This movement caused Jaune to freeze in response.

"Please, help us. He won't last much longer without help." Jaune said.

"Does he check out?" The middle soldier asked as the soldier on his left pulled a tablet os some sort and entered Jaune's name.

"He checks out. His whole team is in Atlas right now with Ironwood." The soldier said. The other two soldiers looked at each other before lowering their weapons.

"We have an encampment about forty kilometers that way. Come with us, we'll take you to the camp. We're leaving for Atlas in the morning. We're just patrolling. There's almost twenty of us in our group, but there are other patrol groups out there as well. Stick with us for the time being."