Tale Of The Vytal Festival (Part Two)

Jaune slowly opened his eyes, his body aching all over. He slowly sat up, groaning as he did so. He mentally checked himself, making sure his limbs were intact.

"Nope. Everything is fine." Jaune said aloud, noticing his tattered and ripped clothes. The thought of his teammates suddenly popped in his mind, his head turning frantically from side to side in search of them. His neck, however, did not approve of this and ached in pain immensely.

"Pyrrha!? Ren!? Nora!?" Jaune shouted, cupping his hands over his mouth. He was alone, black rubble surrounding him everywhere. No response came from his calls, worrying him greatly.

The events that had taken place just the other day returned to him. The fight, the sudden appearance, but mainly the Dragon.

Jaune suddenly heard a roar come from behind him, several miles away.

"It's still.... Alive!?" Jaune exclaimed, slowly standing to his feet and finding his shield and sword.

---

Jaune breathed heavily. In less than ten minutes, he would have his first match against another student from some other prestigious academy from some other-

'Oh who cares where they're from!' Jaune thought to himself, the pressure suddenly breaking him. He sat down, covering his face with both of his hands.

'Maybe I should just lie and say I'm sick. Yeah, that might work. But what if they reschedule it.....' Jaune thought, dreading to hear the bell. Someone suddenly placed a hand on his shoulder, calling him back to reality. Of course, Jaune still wasn't entirely back from his mind yet and as a such thought the person next was there to yell at him for being a coward.

"What!? I swear, I wasn't actually going to say that I was sick!" Jaune said, lamely shouting quickly and jumping to conclusions. Pyrrha smiled at his predicament as she withdrew her hand.

"Oh. Pyrrha. Hi." Jaune said, covering his face again, although this time with embarrassment.

"Hello, Jaune. Are you by chance..." Pyrrha said, slowing her sentence as she saw his trembling hands, his nervous breathing.

"Nervous about your upcoming match?" Jaune let out a large and long sigh.

"You don't even know." Jaune assumed, sighing again and letting his face slip between his hands. Pyrrha couldn't see it, but he was blushing massively.

"But I do, Jaune." Pyrrha replied, looking down at her gladiator-like shoes.

"I feel nervous before every single match." She said. 

"You? Get nervous?" Jaune exclaimed, finally looking at her. The beautiful red spartan nodded her head, almost gloomily. 

"Of course. I may not show it, but every match I am nervous. For the past two years, I have had 57 matches. I have only lost twice in my entire career, and yet I am..... terrified that one of you may defeat me." Pyrrha said, offering a glance to Jaune. He seemed to be contemplating her words. After staring intently at his palms for quite some time, the official call was made and Jaune suddenly stood up from the bench. His eyes displayed a new determination, one Pyrrha had never seen before. 

"I'll win for sure, Pyrrha." 

---

Jaune kept his body ready, preparing for any strike to come from any angle. He still couldn't find his team, but that didn't stop him from running to the nearest sound that even resembled a battle. 

"Pyrrha." He breathed.