The Tale Of Return

A/N HELLO I AM ALIVE IM SO SORRY. I am currently starting college and as such took the summer off of writing in order to spend my final summer at home with my family. Now that I am settled in, I'm returning to writing! This Thursday, I am debuting a new story that I have been thinking up of all summer. Please look out for it! It, as of right now, is called "Burning The Soul" and if anyone guesses which girl in RWBY is the main girl, Ill shout them out in both this and that story. 

Thank you for reading. 

---

Jaune staggered through the woods, unable to comprehend Salem's statement. 

"I'm her pet? Does that mean everything Varia told me was a lie?" Jaune thought as his mind suddenly fired images of the dead bodies that had surrounded him earlier when he beheaded Varia. 

"I killed them... it wasn't Varia, it was me." Jaune then thought of his injured "comrade". 

"Was my first reaction.... really to kill that guy?" Jaune continued staggering until he eventually reached a green plain, tall grass flowing with the wind. As beautiful as the sight was, Jaune didn't smile. 

He was far too worried and far too much was on his mind. 

---

Hello all! Fourth Wall here! This story will now take a sudden turn....... be prepared.

Also the author sucks at writing. He kept me at bay for SOOOOO LONG. 

Wha- Hey! No fair! I- NO! YOU- WILL- NOT- CONTAIN- MEeeeeee.........

Sike. Nothing holds me back. 

Alright Johnny boy, take it back. Wait what. We're switching over to Ren and Nora? *Throws off headset* 

*In the distance * Author, who the f**k cares about them! I want more blood and murder! Go back to Jaune! 

*A loud slapping noise was then heard*

*Fourth Wall never talked back to the author again*

---

Ren awoke, his eyes slowly focusing on the dim shadows casted by the open window. Normally, that window was not supposed to be open. He'd always hated the ambient noises that leaked in from the outside barracks'. Lately, however, he'd tolerated the window being open for only one reason: Nora. She'd been having nightmares regarding Jaune and Pyrrha, reliving the moment where Pyrrha's heart was pierced or when Jaune was captured. 

It had been torturing her. She had thought that if she just wasn't so ditsy, so hyperactive, perhaps Jaune and Pyrrha would be with her and Ren in Atlas, safely guarding it's borders.

Ren sat up, knowing full well that she'd be perched upon the windowsill, her forehead pressed against her knees with her arms wrapped around her legs. Her empty bed across the room from his further cemented this idea and upon turning his gaze to the window he found her. When Ren awoke, she had tightened her arms, squeezing her knee caps against her face even more. 

"Nora-" Ren began. 

"Don't Ren. Just please, don't." Nora said, her voice changing from a mix of gasping and sobbing to speaking. 

"Nora, I just-"

"Ren. I don't want to talk right now." Nora interrupted, her head slightly shaking from side to side in between her grasp. Ren paused before standing from his bed and heading to the door of their barracks. He could see that tonight was worse, far more unusual for her. She had never closed Ren off before, always expressing her feelings no matter the situation. Her nightmares were getting to her. 

"I'll make some coffee." Ren said, knowing that it, unsurprisingly, was her favorite drink.

"Tea, please." Nora said quickly. Ren paused at this. He then turned around, Stormflower in his hands and pointing at Nora. 

"Nora hates tea." Ren said as the figure he had initially thought was Nora suddenly laughed. 

"As expected of a Make-shift captain of the Atlisian army." The figure then stood up from the windowsill, it's appearance morphing. 

"It took you long enough to notice." The figure said as her long, blonde hair suddenly revealed itself in the darkness. Her blue eyes shined brightly despite the subtle lighting. 

"The poor girl. She rushed so quickly when I told her the news." The female said. Ren tightened his grip on Stormflower at this. 

"Where's Nora!? What did you do to her!?" Ren shouted. 

"Me? I merely told her that two nights ago, Jaune Arc was spotted with a heavily injured man just outside the kingdom of Vale. I then proceeded to tell her that the Atlisian force that found him was slaughtered overnight and that he may have been a survivor or yet another casualty. I gave her the last known coordinates and she took off, making me promise to tell you when you awoke." Ren's grip lightened before he suddenly dashed forward, his weapon's barrel now pointing at the female's forehead. 

"If everything you said was true, then why did you deceive me!?" Ren shouted again. The female laughed. 

"Because my son needs time to adjust to his new state of power. Having more than one person around him will.... make things catastrophic." The figure said. 

"Son?" 

"You mean you really haven't noticed?" The figure said, gesturing to her blonde hair. 

"Jaune's mother!?" 

---

Fourth Wall back. And before you ask, yes I have an icepack on my face. The author's slap hurts. In other news, the author was going to make this chapter longer but had trouble adding bits and pieces that still made sense with the story without comprmising the author's vision for the finale. 

With that in mind, see you all next week! (Assuming the author doesn't kill me for being a fourth wall breaker by then)