Tale Of The Vytal Festival (Part Three)

As Jaune ran through the rubble, he wondered why he was unharmed. He let the thought slide for now as his friends needed his help. He found it weird that, although he could recall everything up until his first match in the Vytal Festival, he couldn't remember anything else. 

---

Jaune entered the room, just a few days ago. He'd come back from finishing his homework at the library again when people suddenly leaped out and attacked him.

"Hey! What the-" Jaune exclaimed as someone shot him in the face with a balloon. 

"Surprise!" The mass amount of people shouted, surprising him. In his small dorm were his teammates, all of RWBY, even Sun and Neptune. Confetti fell around him as he continued to lie on the ground, stunned. 

"Guys?" He breathed, almost breaking into tears. 

"Woah. Jaune, why are you crying? Did you puke again!?" Nora asked in her usual hyper manner. 

"No." Jaune choked, shaking his head and wiping the tears. 

"It's just that no one's remembered my birthday for seven years." Jaune said, still wiping the tears away. 

---

Jaune saw bits and pieces of Nora's hammer as he ran, tears falling down from his eyes. He quickly brought his arm up to wipe the tears away, still running towards Pyrrha. He'd sheathed his sword again, thinking that he'd run faster without lugging the blade and shield. His eyes suddenly caught several strips of the green  jacket-robe thing Ren always wore, probably ripped off of him in battle. 

-N-

Jaune doesn't know what Ren's outfit is calle. Neither do I but......

-N-

Pyrrha was on the ground, barely holding herself up with her injured arms. Her legs had given out on her, making her fall to the ground. The Dragon roared above her, crashing into the ground and causing a wave of dust to fly from the ground. Pyrrha's wounds made it so that she couldn't move, leaving her wide-open for an attack. 

"Ren.... Nora..... Jaune..... I hope you'll all do well without me." Pyrrha said, closing her eyes and waiting for the oncoming flames. The Dragon roared firing it's blast of flames at her. She felt the flames close in on her, her arms also giving out and planting herself in the dirt. She was helpless as the flames consumed her. 

She was shocked as she opened her eyes to reveal Jaune using his shield to block the flames. He had extended his aura around her in a desperate attempt to divert the flames, although he never thought it would work. 

"Sorry Pyrrha. I'm late again." Jaune said, flashing her a smile as he suddenly slammed his arm into his shield, ending the flame assault. 

"It looks like we have a dragon problem." Jaune said, bending down and picking up Pyrrha in his arms.

"It's a good thing my family is known for slaying dragons." Wings that were made of what seemed like light extended from his back, allowing him to soar into the air with the injured Pyrrha in his arms. 

"I never did get to tell you guys. When I left Beacon and went to the Emerald Forest. I absorbed a spirit Beast's soul." Jaune said before he was forced to dodge another blast of fire.