The Tale Of The Epilogue

Hello all!

This is unfortunately the last chapter of this story! I however, have multiple other stories you can check out! Preferably,  I've been updating a new story I've been writing called "Lost In The Storm". Its another RWBy AU (Shocker amirite)

Please consider checking it out if you like this story!

----

Jaune spotted the cottage near the bottom of the hill. He sighed, almost out of breath. He'd run up the other side of the mountain, a feat he regretted dearly at that point. He should have rested, however nothing was going to stop him from seeing his mother. 

Well, nothing except his own ineptitude at preserving his energy. He sat down on a nearby log, sighing loudly as he did. The sun's rays struck through the clouds that had previously blocked it at various points, increasing the beauty of the plush green life. To think that Nora's grandmother had chosen a place so beautiful as her prison. 

Then again it made sense. If someone were to be held prisoner, wouldn't that person want a nice environment to enjoy? He turned his head to the right, smiling as he watched a rabbit hop around in a nearby patch of grass. 

Someone suddenly giggled in front of him, catching him by surprise. He quickly snapped his head, his blue eyes instantly locking on to the person. His eyes widened in surprise. He knew he had heard that giggle before, but it had been so long. 

"Pyrrha." He breathed. He was on his feet instantly, a shocked and confused expression lining his features. 

"Hello Jaune." Pyrrha greeted before Jaune' eyes narrowed at her. He shook his head, as if disappointed. 

"I wasn't myself earlier, you know?" Jaune said suddenly. Pyrrha tilted her head to the side, a confused expression displayed. 

"What are you-" she began before Jaune rudely interrupted. 

---

Wait for it.

Hehe.

Mindf**k in coming

---

Jaune suddenly stepped forward in anger, something that caught Pyrrha off guard. She jumped slightly, however Jaune didn't let this sway him. 

"I didn't notice something about you... you're not Pyrrha, are you?" Jaune asked. At this, Pyrrha offered a light smile before a golden light suddenly emanated from her body. The light blinded Jaune, however only for a second. When he opened his eyes once more, it was not Pyrrha standing before him. 

An incorporeal being stood in her place. His entire body as made of pure, golden yellow energy. Atop his head were antlers that pointed towards the skies. Though he held no facial features, his body was in the shape of a humanoid creature. 

"You are correct, Jaune. I am indeed not Pyrrha Nikos, your fallen beloved." The God Of Light stated. He looked around Jaune before locking gazes with him once more. 

"Why?" was all Jaune could ask. 

"Well if you are referring to me taking the appearance of not only your mother, but Pyrrha Nikos, then simply-" 

"No, why didn't you help us? You could have stopped Salem, you could have saved millions of lives. Why didn't you?" Jaune asked. At this, Light stepped back and crossed his arms behind his back, clasping his hands together. 

"My brother and I, when we created Remnant, wanted to see what would happen if we did not interfere with our creations. We wanted to see what would come of humanity itself if our powers were absent. Salem was a very large reason as to why my brother and I removed ourselves from the equation." Light said.