Chapter One: School

"I swear, if we're late again. Both of you will be in the dog house." I threatened, checking the time on my phone for the tenth time since we left the house.

"Cj. Chill. We won't be late for school." Leo said. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Well, with the way you're driving right now, we just might." I said. He growled and held the steering wheel in a death grip, his knuckles turning white. Sebastian barked out a laugh from in the backseat and I smiled.

"Would you rather I drove fast in the snow? Where I could lose control of the car and I don't know, maybe kill the three of us. Then what do you know, we won't make it to school." Leo said. I pursed my lips together and looked out the window at the passing scenery. It wasn't much to look at; a sea of white, the snow covering the ground in a light blanket of soft coldness.

I didn't have a comeback, so I remained silent. Leo and Sebastian chuckled - knowing I admitted defeat - before going back to what they were doing; Leo driving, and Sebastian looking out the window, listening to Leo and me bicker. He leaned forward and poked his head between the front seats. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt. As he moved forward, his black hair covered his hazel eyes. "How does me ending up in the dog house work? I'm not a dog." He asked. I looked at him, laughed, and pushed him back. "Dude!"

"I'm not a dude." I said.

"Fine. Woman?" He asked and I just rolled my eyes.

We finally made it to school and I was the first out of the car. It was a fair drive from our house and I thought we would be late for sure, but we made it just in time. "There you go, your majesty. You're at school." Leo said, getting out of the car at the same time as Sebastian.

"On time." Sebastian added. I rolled my eyes at the two of them.

"We're cutting it fine. There's only three minutes until class starts. Jeez, did you think you could find a cure for cancer? Since it took like years to get here."

"Oh hardy-ha-ha. Would you like to drive next time?" Leo asked and I smirked.

"Well actually-"

"Dude! You're gonna let her drive?! We'll be killed for sure!" Sebastian joked and I shot him a look, unamused.

"Yeah. Hilarious." I said. "But, yes, I'd love to drive next time. Hand me the keys." I held out my hand, waiting for the keys to be handed over.

"On second thought. Maybe not." Leo said. I pursed my lips together in a tight line.

"Fine." I whispered harshly, walking off. "I'll see you guys at break. Bye." I called out just as the bell sounded, announcing the start of first period. I sprinted to my first class, Math, and took my usual seat near the window in the middle row. Dropping my folder on the table, I sat down with a sigh. My 'friend' in my math class took her seat next to me, pulling out the textbook we shared and all the other equipment she needed for this class. She hummed to herself as she pulled out a blue and red pen and a ruler, placing them neatly in front of her pencil case. I raised an eyebrow and watched her. She was like this every lesson. Shaking my head, I rested my chin on my hands and looked out the window, tapping my nails on the desk, waiting for the teacher to start the lesson. My nails were long and painted black, like always.

I was the low key Goth, wearing mostly black clothes - jeans and shirts. I'd wear dresses only on special occasions and when I was forced to. But apart from that, it was always black jeans. The only people that didn't seem to care what I dressed in were those who were nice and stayed out of other people's business, and of course my best friends who were like brothers to me; Leo and Sebastian. All the judgemental little pricks called me an emo freak.