Chapter Twenty-One: Escaping

~Sam's POV~

"Okay, so what's the plan?" Sebastian asked. I thought for a moment before looking at them.

"I'll get Cj. You two find Zac and distract him for as long as you can." I said and they both looked at me before nodding in agreement of our impromptu plan of action.

"Okay. We'll leave the car here and walk in. When you have her, meet us back here, we'll wait for you to get back and you do the same if you get back here first." Leo said and I nodded.

"Be careful." Sebastian said.

"You too." I said.

"Go get your mate." Leo said and I smiled, nodding before I shifted, followed by the other two. We went as a group to the pack then split up. I headed to find Cj while they went in search of Zac.

~Cj's POV~

I paced back and forth in the dark room, biting my thumb nail. I knew they were on their way, it was only a matter of waiting for them to get here and rescue me. Then I had to apologise to Sam and see if he'd forgive me. I wasn't holding my breath for him to take me back, but as long as he forgave me, I could deal with it. I faced the back wall and rested my head on it. "I'm sorry." I whispered. I heard the door unlock, and sighed. Had Zac come already? Or was it his mother?

"Cj?" I sucked in a breath and held it, unable to let the air out. I turned around and tears pooled in my eyes, the streams of hot salty tears sliding down my cheeks as I walked to him and wrapped my arms around him, holding him tight, and he did the same.

"Sam." I sobbed, gripping onto him, afraid that if I let him go, I'd lose him again. "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry this whole thing with Zac happened and I'm sorry we fought. I missed you so much. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone."

"I'm sorry as well and I love you too. More than anything." He said, pulling back from the hug. "I should have trusted you." He stared into my eyes before grabbing my chin gently and kissing me. Each second our lips were together, my urge to cry floated away. His hand dropped down to my shoulder and his soft caresses stole my focus and attention on the task we needed to complete: escaping - but while we were embraced in the moment, nothing else mattered. All my concerns that had built up while in his absence melted away with each stroke of his lips; his gentle touch calmed me and I was relaxed by the time we parted.

My smiled beamed brightly, as did my eyes. I hugged him once more, resting my head against his chest, and I listened to the beat of his heart, steadily thumping inside his rib cage. "Well, well, well. Look what we have here." Zac's voice taunted from behind Sam. "A heart warming reunion." I felt Sam's body vibrate as a ferocious growl rumbled up from deep within his chest, it's volume grew louder as it reached his mouth. He stood up straighter and his lip pulled back in a snarl, his lengthened white canine teeth were easily visible and a yelp of worry escaped me. What if he got hurt again?

"Sam?" I asked.

"Run, Cj. Find Leo and Sebastian and get out of here." He said and I shuddered as his anger filled eyes bore down on my body, causing more worry to escalate and circulate my body in my blood, which violently pumped through my veins as my heart drummed inside my chest. They were going to fight, both angered, both losing control of their wolves. Or was it just Sam?

"No. I'm not leaving you!" I shouted before whimpering, "Not again." Zac was smart, more than I'd like to ever give him credit for. He'd know if he kept his wolf under bay, he'd beat Sam without the slightest bit of difficulty. Sam would be consumed with anger, his wolf wanting to kill, but Zac could outsmart him with a clear mind, one not plagued by his wolf's own vendetta. A tear slid down my cheek and crashed to the floor as I looked at my mate.