Chapter Eleven: Wolfing Around

I sat down on a chair in the mall with a thump. How were Elise and Becky's arms not about to fall off? "Leave me here. I can't go on."

"This is just shopping. It's not a war or something. Come on, get up." Elise said, pulling my arm.

I growled. "Yank it hard enough and you might just pull it off." I said in a snarl. She snorted and rolled her eyes. We were looking for dresses for prom which was only two weeks away. We probably shouldn't have left it to the last minute but we were all busy and didn't have to time to meet up. But Elise and Becky, being themselves, decided to turn this into a shopping spree. Sorry Sam. You gave me the credit card and said I could use as much as I wanted, I thought to myself. These girls were making sure I had a new wardrobe. Of course, they were all black clothes and a few other colours; dark colours. I had the most bags and I was sure my arms were going to drop off. And I hadn't been able to fall asleep lately. I've been up all night, just staring at the ceiling and listening to Sam breathing. Sometimes I'd eventually fall asleep, but I'd only get two hours sleep, three at most.

We had found our dresses and shoes earlier but Elise insisted on buying other clothes for me too. I didn't know what made me agree but now I wished I hadn't. I'd be at home, with my mate. "Makeup!" Elise screamed, way to excited for this. People glanced in our direction and I glared at them.

"I have makeup." I said.

"Fine. Um," Elise looked around and when she looked back at me, she had a huge smirk on her face. Uh-oh. This wasn't going to end well. "How about sexy underwear?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.

"No, I don't need it. I make my underwear look sexy." Becky was holding back a laugh at Elise's defeated face.

"Come on. I want to shop. I haven't got anyone else to take on a shopping spree." She said with a pout.

"Force them into one, you mean?" I asked. "And haven't you made me shop enough?"

"Haven't you heard of shop until you drop?"

"Well my arms are about to drop off." I said and she huffed, admitting defeat. "Besides, it should be getting dark soon and I promised Sam I'd be home over an hour ago."

"Fine, fine. We're done. Let's go home." She said and I smiled, quickly walking to our cars. I put all my bags in the back seat and walked over to Elise and Becky, pulling them both into a hug.

"Thanks guys." I said. They pulled back and Elise sighed.

"Lucky you." She said. I gave her a 'what?' look. "All you have to do is figure out how you'll have your hair and how to get to prom. We still have to find dates." I nodded. Sam asked me on our date at the lake, just before we left to go back to the pack house. Of course I said yes. "Is Leo taking anyone?"

"Or Sebastian?" Becky asked.

I smirked and walked back to my car, not answering their questions. "Cj?" They asked at the same time.

"Bye guys." I said, trying not to jump out of my skin with excitement and enthusiasm. I had an idea. I parked the car next to Sam's and got out, opening the back door. I felt sorrow and froze, looking around, picking up the faint sounds of sobbing. I furrowed my brow and closed my car door, scouting the area again, trying to locate who was crying. It was slowly becoming dark but I followed the sound of crying, trying to pinpoint the exact location. It got louder and I walked around a tree, spotting a girl. I sat next to her and looked at her. "Are you alright?" I asked.

She nodded. "I'm fine." She choked out. I stayed quiet and listened to her quietly sob, trying to stop herself. I recognised her.

"You're the Beta's daughter, aren't you?" I asked and she wiped her eyes, looking at me and nodding.