Chapter Five: Sister?

Beep-beep-beep-beep.

My hand shot out from under the duvet and grabbed my phone. Opening an eye, I swiped the screen, turning off the alarm, then I dropped my phone on the bed, next to my leg, closing my eye again. I turned onto my side and my phone fell off the bed, landing on the carpet with a soft thud. I quietly growled and kept trying to go back to sleep. I could hear Sebastian and Leo somewhere in the house, talking, but I didn't listen to what they were saying.

Memories of yesterday plastered themselves in my head. Sam. I sat up and smiled. We had school today, I could see him then. I ripped the covers off and jumped out of bed, getting changed into my school uniform. Well, black jeans and the school shirt. These were my school jeans, they had no rips in them as part of the design. They were just plain black skinny jeans. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my hair. When I was finished, I picked up my phone and headed out to the kitchen to have breakfast. Leo and Sebastian were in the kitchen, dressed and eating. We had half an hour - at most - before we had to leave and I made my breakfast and sat at the kitchen table to eat. Leo and Sebastian looked at me and smiled. "Morning." I said before taking a bite of my toast.

"Morning." They said in unison, before going back to their conversation. I listened in for ten seconds before I zoned out and thought about yesterday. If things had gone differently, I wouldn't be this happy to see Sam again. Dawn was right, I was falling for him. My heart was saying to accept him, but my brain, and Dawn, were telling me no.

'Are you ever going to forgive Sam?' I asked, then closed my eyes and concentrated on her. I could see her walking back and forth. 'Dawn?' She looked at me and her ears shot forward. I hadn't done this in years: concentrated enough that I could see her and she could see me. It was like a tv, really, although we could see each other - not just one being able to see the other. This was how we could talk face to face. The only thing we couldn't do was touch each other. I could never pet my horse form, feel how soft her hair was, but at least I could see her.

'Cj!' she cheered, trotting over to me. I smiled and watched her prance a few steps before stopping in front of me.

'I know. It's been a while, hasn't it?' I asked. She snorted and nodded her head. 'So, are you?' I asked. 'Are you ever going to accept Sam as our mate?'

She lowered her head. I waited. 'I suppose he did save us from Zac. I know you have forgiven him and I can't lie and say I didn't enjoy when we were hugging. I guess my answer is yes. Yes, I have forgiven him. Yes, I am accepting him. Yes, you're going to start squealing in a minute.'

I squealed and jumped up out of my chair. "Yes! Thank you, Dawn! You're awesome!" I said with joy and looked at Leo and Sebastian, who wore shocked faces. I sheepishly grinned.

"Care to explain?" Leo asked as I sat down.

"No." I said and they frowned.

"Really?" Sebastian asked. "You squeal about something and you don't share?"

"Nope." I said. Leo and Sebastian looked at each other then turned to me with a smirk. Oh boy, this wouldn't be good.

"Come on, Cj, tell us." They said together. "Or we'll tickle you." I sat up straighter and narrowed my eyes at them.

"You wouldn't dare." I said slowly and they both stood up. I squealed and jumped up, pushing past them and running to the lounge room. They followed and I armed myself with the first thing I found: a pillow. "Come any closer and you will be sorry."

"Oh no! She has a pillow! We're doomed!" Leo said in fake fear.

"No! Please don't be cruel enough to hit us with that pillow!" Sebastian said, in fake fear also. I stared at them for a moment before throwing the pillow back onto the couch.