Chapter Six: Standing Up

I left for break and met up with Leo and Sebastian. They asked where I had disappeared before class and I told them about Ms Robinson. They were surprised but thought it was cool, as I had. "Awe. Whittle Becky hasn't got her big sis to help her." Zac's irritating baby voice grabbed my attention, making me freeze. Leo and Sebastian kept walking before realising I stopped and they turned around, looking at me and waving their arms in the air.

"Cj?" They asked together. "Earth to Cj." I looked around and spotted Zac and a girl who was a little younger than me. Her name was Becky. I growled and walked over.

"Leave me alone, Zac." She said, looking at the ground and hugging her folder to her chest as she tried to walk away. but Zac stepped in front of her, blocking her path. "Please, just leave me alone."

"She said leave her alone, Zac." I said, pushing my way in between them. Zac was too close and I shoved him back. He growled and stepped closer again.

"And what are you going to do about it?" He growled in my face.

"Get out of my face, moron." I said, pushing him back again, with force.

"You're a real bitch, you know that?" He said and I snorted.

"And you're a prick. What's new? Stop being such a sour worm and leave Becky alone. In fact, how about you leave everyone alone?" I asked. He stepped close again and I used this opportunity. "I know it was you that tried to attack me. How does it feel to have your ass kicked?" He growled and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sam walk over and move somewhere behind me. I heard him talking with Leo and Sebastian. Becky moved away from us, standing to the side, unsure of what to do. She was shaking and was slightly pale from fear. Zac stared me down but I disobeyed his authority and stared him down too. "I may only be a horse and not a wolf, but it doesn't mean it's certain that you'll beat me." I whispered harshly. "You better watch it Zac. I'm serious. You're going to lose."

Zac chuckled. "Sam's little mate is going to beat me? Really? Pretty little girl like you doesn't stand a chance against me." He said. He moved his hand towards my face, intent of cupping my check but Dawn reacted and I snapped my hand up, grabbing his wrist.

"Touch me and you'll regret it. Whatever part of you that touches me, I will remove!" I growled. "So far, you're close to losing a hand."

People came out of nowhere, most of the school had gathered around us by now. Typical students. They heard of something like a fight and it was like moths to a flame, they flocked together to where ever the commotion was. Sam, Leo and Sebastian stood behind me and growled. No doubt all three on the verge of shifting. I was, and so was Ben. I hadn't realised he turned up until seconds ago. I tightened my grip on Zac's wrist while he struggled to release himself from my grasp, trying to pry my fingers off his wrist. There were times when I was like one of those leg traps where once an animal stepped into it, it would snap shut and the teeth would dig into the poor animal's leg, then it would either die instantly or wait in agonising pain until the hunters came. Basically, once you were caught, I wouldn't let go and he wasn't going anywhere until I told him this. "You listen and you listen carefully. I may come across as a retarted, gothic, nobody. Yeah I am that. I am also the most loyal person you'll ever know and I'd do anything for those I love. Even though I don't know Becky well - or her sister – doesn't mean I won't fight for her. Unlike you, I don't judge people, I don't bully people, and I don't scare them or make them feel in danger. I respect everyone I meet. I see them as an equal. Now, if you hurt my friends or family; my sweet and kind side goes away in a flash. And I'm the scariest bitch you'll ever meet. I am not afraid of fighting for those I love. I would die for them. You leave them alone. You leave me alone. And we won't have a problem." With that I released his arm and turned to Becky, walked up to her, and held out my hand. She took it and we walked towards Leo, Sebastian and Sam. "Fucking asswipe!" I swore as we walked past Zac, who I saw rubbing his wrist. Exactly what I meant, bear trap; Nasty little motherfuckers.