Chapter Eighteen: Apologising

"You hit a tree?" Zac asked, filling up a glass of water. I removed the ice pack and touched the swollen lump in the centre of my forehead.

"Yep." He handed me the glass of water and waited for me to explain. I looked up at him and studied his eyes. "Why do you care about me?"

"I just do, Cj." He said. "Now, will you tell me what happened?"

I took a sip of my water and walked into the living room, Zac following. I dropped down onto the closest couch and winced as my head announced its disapproval of the action. "I went back to Mark's pack to get my stuff, Sam was there. We argued, I left, about 10 kilometres from here I didn't notice the sharp-ish bend, car lost traction and slid, hit a tree. It wasn't too bad, I've just got a bump and some dizziness - which went away as I walked here. The bump is the only trouble. It's causing my head to ache."

"I'll call the pack doctor." He said, standing up.

"I'm fine. It's only a little bump." I protested.

"You hit your head, Cj. You need to get looked at." I waved off his concern and patted the spot next to me. He sat down facing me and shook his head, before pushing bit of my hair behind my ear.

I stared into his eyes for a long moment, my mind going blank. I was lost again, but this time I didn't care. My heart felt cold and empty, but it was warming up. I moved closer and reached out to press my lips against his. His eyebrow raised simultaneously and I sat back again. "I really think you should see the doctor." He said with a smirk.

"Shut up." I pulled him closer, kissing him again, longer this time. He pulled me on to his lap and I snaked my arms around his neck as he placed his hands on my hips, under my shirt, gently caressing my skin. Goosebumps coated my body and I shuddered. He pulled back and looked down at me. "Are you sure about this?"

I bit my lip and thought about it. He was basically my rebound but he knew that, didn't he? I looked into his eyes and nodded. "Yes. Sam and I are done."

As soon as I said that, he stood, lifting me up before placing me on the ground again, guiding me to a room on the first floor. I pushed the door shut and looked up at his eyes. As he looked down at me, his hair fell, covering his eyes. I brushed it out of his eyes and reached up to kiss him again. The kiss was slow and my eyes slipped closed.

Zac hands trailed up and down my back, before grasping the zipper on my dress and pulling it down, sliding the dress off my body. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist as he carried me to the bed. "Okay. One, I'm not a virgin. Two, this isn't our 'mating', this is just sex. Three, you wear a condom or I swear to god, if I end up pregnant, I will castrate you."

He chuckled and kissed me. "You're weird, you know that?"

"Yes, I've been told. But I'm serious." I said, kissing him.

~*~

I groaned and buried my head in my pillow as my phone went off. "Shut. Up!" I growled at it. It wouldn't stop and I sat up, looking down at Zac. He was sleeping peacefully and I couldn't help but smile. I grabbed my phone and answered the call. "Who dare disturbs my sleep?" I asked, expecting it to be Leo, Sebastian or one of the girls.

"Cj. It's me. I need to talk to you. Can we please meet up?"

"Sam, I... I don't kn-"

"Please."

I sighed. "Can't we just talk over the phone?"

~Sam's POV~

"Can't we just talk over the phone?" She asked. I couldn't stop the frown from plastering itself to my lips. It was clear that she didn't want to see me.