Chapter Twelve: Back At The Pack?

I opened my eyes then shut them and hugged the blanket that was covering me. Smiling, I rolled over to the other side of the bed, burying my head in the pillow that smelt so much like Sam. Wait, what? My eyes snapped open and I sat up quickly, groaning in pain when my side ached. I looked around the room completely confused for a second. How did I get back here? How was I back at the pack house? Someone must have followed me. "Idiot!" I growled, getting off the bed. I walked out of the room and downstairs, hoping to find someone to explain how the hell I got back. I looked out the window as I walked past and furrowed my brow. It was getting dark outside. How long was I asleep?

That didn't matter, I didn't need someone to explain why and how I got back here, I just needed to get away from here. The pack didn't need to be put in danger because of me and I wasn't about to be the cause of someone else getting hurt. I snuck past rooms where someone could possibly be and made my way to the front door. "Cj, where are you going?"

I froze and slowly turned around, sighing. "Sebastian, you got hurt because of me. I don't want the same thing happening to Sam or someone else from this pack. Let me go. Please." I pleaded with my eyes but he shook his head and motioned for me to come over. He was sitting in the lounge room, which was unfortunate for me as it was the room the front door was in.

I slowly walked over and sat down beside him before I laid down and rested my head on his lap. He stroked my hair. "Sam doesn't want you to leave, Cj. He needs you here, with him. You're hurting him and punishing him by leaving."

I sat up and looked him dead in the eyes. "It may seem like I'm punishing him, but don't you see? I'm also saving him. I don't want to leave, but I can't see anyone get hurt. Especially you and Leo and Sam. I can't and I won't!" I choked out a sob at the end and Sebastian pulled me onto his lap, hugging me. I straddled his thighs and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Who brought me back here?" I asked quietly.

"Sam, Leo and I went after you. It took us a few hours to find you. You've been asleep for about five hours." He said. I yawned and nodded, burying my head between his neck and my arm. I was still tired.

"Why? Why did you go after me?"

"You're safer in the pack. This is no different to attacks from rogues and other packs. Like Mark said, these things happen." He said. "And Mark ordered us to." He added after a pause. I choked out a laugh and closed my eyes. Sebastian rubbed my back and I fell asleep in his arms.

Someone whispered my name and I felt a hand stroke my cheek. "Go away," I grumbled and I heard two people chuckle.

"I can't move." Someone said. I felt their chest vibrate when they spoke. I snuggled closer to that person and buried my head in their neck.

"You're stuck there, Sebastian. Good luck." I recognised the voice as Leo's and the person I was sleeping on must be Sebastian.

"Well help, would ya? I need to pee." Leo snorted.

"I'll murder the both of you if you don't shut up." I growled. I heard the door open and I picked up Sam's scent but I couldn't be bothered to move. I was comfortable.

"Sam, your mate has trapped Sebastian. He needs help." Leo said with a laugh. I put the finger up, hoping Leo would see. There was silence then a sigh and Sebastian stood up and put one arm under my knees, still holding me. I kept my eyes closed and listened to Sebastian's heart beat as I was carried somewhere. I was placed down on something and I realised it was a bed.

"Next time, Cj. Please don't fall asleep on me. Your mate looked like he was about to murder me." Sebastian said.

"Then I'll murder him afterwards." I mumbled into the pillow. He laughed quietly and I heard his footsteps retreating.

"I'm sure you will. Night."

"Night." I said quietly. The door clicked shut and I grabbed the blanket and rolled, wrapping myself in it. I stopped on my stomach and buried my head in Sam's pillow, sighing. It was quiet and peaceful, but boring. I rolled onto my back and opened my eyes, staring at the ceiling. "Thanks a lot, Sebastian. Now I can't bloody fall back asleep." I unwrapped myself from the blanket and stood up, walking into the bathroom. I had a shower then got dressed and put away my new clothes and my dress and shoes. I walked downstairs to be met with the mouthwatering scent of food. My stomach grumbled in anticipation of eating dinner. I walked into the kitchen area and smiled at everyone; Mark, Marley, Leo, Sebastian, Mia, Sam, and the Betas. I dropped my gaze and stared at the black nail polish on my toes when my eyes landed on the Beta male.

"Cj!" Mia screamed with joy and ran over, wrapping her arms around me and holding me in a death grip.

I laughed and hugged her back. "Hi." I said. The Beta cleared his throat and walked over to me. Everyone was silent.

"Cj, I want to apologise for last night. It was a heat of the moment kind of thing and I didn't mean to snap at you like that. Mia told us everything. Thank you for helping her." I smiled softly and nodded.

"It's alright." Sam looked at me with a look of emotion and an expression I couldn't quite make out. He didn't smile and instead just looked at me. I frowned and didn't say anything.

"Right. Well, dinner is ready everyone." Marley said. We piled our plates with food and sat at the dining table, talking while we ate. Sam didn't say anything, neither did I. He silently ate and I just sat there, listening to everyone talk about their day. I didn't understand what had happened between Sam and I. Was he angry at me? Annoyed? What did I do? Was it because I ran away? I couldn't take my mind off it and didn't touch my food, just pushed it around the plate.

Sebastian leaned down closer to me. "Are you alright? Why aren't you eating?" I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I felt Sam's intense gaze on us and I felt like shrinking into the ground.

"I'm not hungry. I'm going to bed." I stood up and the room fell silent in an instant. I left my plate and just walked to the stairs, pausing when I remembered I shared a room with Sam. Why wasn't he talking to me? What did I do wrong? I felt the tears well up in my eyes and I hurried back into the dinning room. Everyone watched me silently as I walked into the living room and out the front door, a few tears rolling down my cheeks. I walked towards the woods but stopped again, there was still a possible danger that the wolf was around so I made my way over to a big tree and leaned against it, letting the tears fall. I slid down the tree and balled my hands in my hair, pulling downwards.

I walked back inside after two hours of sitting outside, crying and just staring in the distance. It was deadly quiet inside the pack house and no lights were on. I was still sniffling but not crying as I stood in the living room, trying to make my mind up; sleep in Sam's room or sleep down here. I sighed and sat on the couch, staring at the coffee table. "Or not sleep at all."

I was still sitting in the same spot when Marley and Mark walked downstairs at five thirty in the morning. "You're up early." Marley commented. I slowly turned to look at them and I stared at them with a blank expression.

"I never went to sleep." I said. Their faces fell but Mark didn't show it as much as Marley did.

"You've been up all night? Doing what?" She asked, genuine concern in her voice.

I shrugged. "Staring at the floor. Thinking. Crying." Mark sighed and walked over to me, pulling me into a hug. I hugged back and looked up at him. I hadn't noticed that Marley had walked off somewhere but I just sighed and stepped back. "I'm going for a walk. I'll be back later."

"What about school? It's Monday." I frowned and shrugged. "You're not skipping school."

"Tell Leo and Sebastian to take my stuff to school. I'm going to walk to school, via my old house. Bye." I walked out the door before he could say anything else and I shifted into my wolf form and walked towards my old home. Something made me look back and I m looked up at Sam's bedroom window. He stood there, watching me. I shifted into my horse form and walked with my head hung low. I sputtered and slowly plodded away from the pack house. He didn't come after me. I guess he didn't care if I ran off again. I reached the place I'd recently stopped calling home and shifted back, walking inside to my room. I spent a few months here with Leo and Sebastian and they were great. I crawled into bed, under the blankets that I left here and I hugged my pillow. I replayed memories of Sam and me and it just caused more tears to spill. I started crying and cried myself to sleep.

Edited 01/12/2017