Epilogue

About four months later...

I painted heavily and gritted my teeth, putting my chin to my chest, pushing as another contraction ignited a ball of agonising pain in my abdomen, and it spread throughout my whole body. "Another push, Cj." The pack doctor said and I growled.

"We are not having any more kids!" I shouted, then cried out in relief as majority of the pain faded a bit and a baby sang out, crying. I loosened the vice grip on Sam's hand but still held it, lying back, breathing heavily.

"Congratulations Sam and Cj. It's a girl." The doctor said and I smiled, putting my free hand in my forehead. "We'll get her cleaned up while you relax a bit. We'll bring her back out as soon as we're finished. You're extremely exhausted."

"You try pushing a baby out at two am, Doc." He chuckled but gave Sam a serious look.

"Keep an eye on her." He said.

"Oh, relax. I'm fine!" I groaned, shooing the doctor away. He shook his head and tutted.

"Always a pleasure seeing you, miss Cj." And he left, following the nurse who took our baby.

"Thank you, Doctor." Sam said then looked down at me, wiping my sweaty hair from my face.

"It's your turn to tell me I look like hell." He smiled and shook his head.

"I've seen worse, trust me." He said, leaning down and kissing my forehead, but the pout I did afterwards made him kiss my lips too, and I smiled when he stood up, bringing a chair closer. "I can't wait to take her to the pack house. I'm so exited that she's finally here."

"Let's make a deal. I did one of the hardest jobs of carrying her for nine months, then pushing her out. You better help me lots while you still do Alpha duties. And remember, raising a child is a lot of work."

"I've dealt with you, honey. I'm sure I'll manage." He said, smirking.

"Jerk." I muttered, looking away and he began whimpering like a little puppy. "Moron." I said.

The doctor returned. "Who wants first hold?"

"Me!" I said and sat up a bit, sticking my tongue out at a chuckling Sam. Doctor handed me our baby and I smiled down at her, almost crying with joy.

"Give her a feed then put her in the crib over there." He said, then left again and Sam sat on the bed next to me. I looked up at him. "This is our daughter, Sam." I looked down at her again. "Isn't she beautiful?"

"She takes after you."

"If I wasn't holding her, I'd punch you." He held up his hands in mock surrender. "Yeah, that's right."

"Jeez, woman. So violent." I stuck my tongue out at him again. "Doctor said to feed her. Is there anything you want too?"

"Water, thanks." I said. Sam walked away to fetch me water and I began feeding our baby. "What shall we call you?" I asked in a whisper as I stroked her head. I thought hard then smiled. "How about Amelia?"

"I'm fine with that." Sam said, walking back into the room, a cup of water in hand. I smiled and took the water, sipping at it while I fed Amelia and talked to Sam. Once she had had enough, I cuddled more but things started to blur. "Cj?" Sam asked, concerned.