Chapter Seventeen: Argument

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I really am. I still love you, Cj."

"Mhm." I turned over and buried my head in the pillow. All I could think about was Sam. I missed him. God, I missed him so much. I opened my eyes and looked out the window. It was pitch black outside. I sighed heavily and got off the bed, walking out of the house. I hadn't realised I'd fallen asleep and I didn't know how long I had been asleep for. Sam's scent lingered around the house but I ignored it; it was probably just my imagination. The stars were barely visible behind the light cover of clouds that stretched out across most of the dark sky, and the breeze blew my hair into my face but I brushed it out of my eyes, hugging myself as the atmosphere grew colder. I shifted into my horse form and cantered to the pack, shifting back outside.

I opened the door quietly and sneaked in. It was pitch black inside, darker than outside, signalling that everyone was asleep. I caught Sam's scent and I snorted. Now I definitely knew it was my imagination. He hadn't been here in a while. "Good. No one is awake." I whispered, closing the door and using the light from my phone to see what I was doing when I was locking the door.

I turned around and was pushed into the door. Lips crashed onto mine in a slightly rough but passionate kiss and I kissed back with equal passion, closing my eyes and putting my arms around his neck. It had been so long since I had felt his body close to mine, his lips on mine. But that was the thing, he had left. "M-no." I mumbled against his lips, pushing him back, anger rising. "No." I said again. "No! You don't get to just come back and kiss me and expect me to forgive you, Sam. Where have you been? Why did you leave? What the hell did I do?" I asked.

He looked down in regret and rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm sorry, Cj. I love you-"

"'I'm sorry, Cj. I love you'? You think that's going to fix it? Do you have any idea what you've done to me?" I asked, anger turning into sorrow and tears began to form in my eyes.

"I really am sorry, Cj. And I know that won't fix it. I've been staying at your old house. I knew I'd miss you, so I went there because it smelt like you. I've missed you, Cj. So much."

"And why did you come back now?" I asked.

"Because I heard everything you said earlier." He said.

"You did?" I asked and he nodded, looking at me with a sad expression. I could see the hurt and regret in his eyes. Regret for hurting me? "Then you would understand why I don't want you near me right now." His eyes dropped to the ground. "Why did you leave, Sam? What did I do?"

"What's going on here?" Marley asked. I looked to my left and saw everyone standing there, looking at us.

"I don't know why I came here." I whispered, looking back at Sam.

"Sam, you're a fucking idiot! You have no idea what you've done to Cj while you've gone off having a sook about something that never happened!" Courtney growled, pushing past Marley. Her mate grabbed her arm and held her back. Sam snarled back at how his sister spoke to him.

"Courtney! Stay out of it." Marley warned her daughter. Courtney threw her arms in the air and stormed off.

"You're a fucking moron, Sam! I'd fucking drop kick you out of America if Mum would let me!" She growled as she walked up the stairs, her mate following her, trying his best to calm her down. I looked at Sam and frowned. He wasn't looking at me, instead he was looking at the floor again. 

"What do you mean you don't know why you came here?" He asked, his eyes finally locking on to mine. I rolled my lips together but it was no use, I was still fired up.