Chapter Twenty-Two: The Right Thing

~Cj~

Shifting back, I walked straight out into the pack grounds, heading towards the pack house. People watched me as I stalked my way past them, looking like I meant business. I was ready for whatever Zac threw at me. Helplessness drifted away on my way here, I was now determined. He'd hand Sam over, and if he wanted me, he'd have to fight me and beat me. And I wasn't about to roll over and submit. Anger fuelled me and I had only one thought in mind; kicking his ass.

A few of Zac's closest friends snarled as I crossed their path and I bared my teeth in response. They gave me more looks of disgust, which I ignored. They weren't throwing me off. I wouldn't let them douse my fire of hatred towards their Alpha.

I reached the doors to the pack house and pushed them open, striding in without hesitation. A girl yelped and stared at me in shock. "Where's your Alpha?" I growled and she submitted to my authority, dropping her eyes to the floor as she pointed towards stairs, trembling in obvious fear.

"Sweet little Cj, its about time you showed up." Zac's voice taunted from the stairs as he walked down them.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, honey." I snarled, holding my head high and letting a growl vibrate through my body.

He shook his head. "Now now, dear. There's no need for that. We don't need hostility."

"Where's Sam?" I snapped, ignoring him.

"He's fine. As soon as I have you, I'll release him." He said, smirking. I knew he'd try something, I could feel it deep inside. He stood in front of me but I didn't move. I didn't flinch when he raised his hand to stroke my cheek. "You made a mistake, Cj. You should have stayed with me."

My anger flared. "With you and your mate? No thanks." He paused for a minute.

"She's nothing like you. She's weak and submissive." He said, and I rolled my eyes.

"I thought that's what you liked. You know, getting what you want." I snapped.

He ignored it. "I would have taken care of you, Cj. Better then Sam ever could. He's nothing compared to me. I never would have hurt you like he did. I'll never question my trust in you." I stared at him. "I promise."

I stayed silent for a moment before emitting a growl from deep within my chest. "Your promise means nothing to me." I spat. "Now where is my mate?" Anger flashed across his eyes and his hand connected with my cheek. I gasped as my head snapped to the side and my cheek stung.

"Wrong move, Cj." Arms grabbed me from behind and I cried out as a needle was stuck in my arm. "I'm not letting Sam go. I'm going to hurt him to the point he can't take anymore," he grinned something feral. "And you're going to watch it all."

"You're sick. You're a bastard. I hate you! I'm going to kill you!" I roared, struggling against Ben's strong grasp. "You're going to regret being born!"

Zac chuckled. "Oh no, Cj. I won't give you the chance." I stopped and stared at him as he grinned again. "And once I'm finished with our dear Sam, I'm going to mess with your mind and make you hate those you love. You'll become my weapon. You'll listen to me."

I felt weak, like all my energy had been drained. "What... what have you done to me?"

"You won't be shifting any time soon, my dear. Enjoy being human." He chuckled and motioned with his head to his right, instructing Ben to take me somewhere in that direction. Whatever he injected me with was making my drowsy and the last thing I saw was the same room I'd been kept in last time, before I passed out.