Chapter 10

Jessica's POV

Date

"They went where?" I asked appalled. Dave sighed not looking too pleased either.

"They went to go eat." He repeated.

"They went to go eat?!" I asked again, angry.

"Yes. Eat." Allan replied. I scoffed pissed off. Rage was building up inside of me.

"Eat." I repeated. "Outside of the hospital." I chuckled bitterly.

"Jess they just went to go get a bite, it's not like they went elsewhere." Daniel said to me. I glared at him. From my peripheral I saw Allan glare at him as well. I don't blame him. Melody is his sister. Dave stayed looking grim.

"Just getting a bite?" I rolled my eyes. "She probably thinks it's a date." I wanted to cuss her out so badly.

"It's not a date." Allan said, but I think he was trying to convince himself that. I bit the inside of my cheek and glared at the floor. What is wrong with Chris?!

"How long have they been gone for?" I asked. Daniel and I just arrived at the hospital and received the news. They would get coffee back then and grab a bite to eat in the cafeteria, but they've never actually gone out to eat properly. So yes, it is a big deal!

"45 minutes ago." Dave said. They should be back by now if it was just to go get a bite to eat.

"Great." I said shaking my head and looking at Melody. I sighed. She is not going to be happy about this.

It's been five months. Christmas and New Years passed already. We all came for a bit the day of Christmas to pass out our presents, but it wasn't the same. Her spark was missing. Why the hell can't she wake up?! Fall semester ended and now Spring semester is about to start. I passed all my classes, thank god. Melody is going to be so upset for missing these semesters and work.

A few minutes later Chris and ugly Beth showed up. I didn't bother looking at him. I'm so angry with him. How could he do that to Melody?! It makes me so mad. He greeted everyone, but I ignored him. Ugly Beth did the same.

Allan and Dave don't look too happy about them going out to eat. Everyone knows Ugly Beth has a thing for him. No one wants Melody to get hurt. The whole evening was spent quiet and tense. Once it was getting darker Allan and Dave left.

"I think Ima head out too. I had fun..." She said smiling at Chris nervously. I grit my teeth.

"Make sure the door hits you on your way out." I waved my hand at her smiling.

"Bye Bethany." Daniel said as well.

"Bye." She said to Daniel while she glared at me. Once she left I turned to Chris with a menace look.

"You went out with her?!" I accused him.

"We went to go eat, that's it." He clarified holding Melody's hand and rubbing her stomach with the other. I grumbled frustratingly. I want to break those hands of his. How dare he?

"Do you not see what's wrong with that?" I asked him. He sighed tiredly. "She likes you!"

"I know." He said making me stop talking.

"Yes she - Wait, what?" I asked for clarification. "You know, and yet you still went out with her?"

"She told me while we were out." He answered. "And I told her nothing is going to happen. Melody has my heart." What he just said made me feel so much better.

"What did she say?" I asked. He shrugged.

"There's nothing to say. She understood; she just wants us to continue being friends." I scoffed.