Chapter 23

Normalcy

Melody's POV

Mid July

I groaned frustrated. "I don't get it!" I said to Jess as I semi paced my room. Chris was at work. No one else was home except for her and I.

"What don't you get?" She asked as she laid on my bed.

"We haven't had sex! I mean I get why in the beginning, but now!? I'm better! I can walk... sort of. But I feel better! Is there something wrong with me? I just..." I sighed as I slumped to the ground next to my bed. "Is it... is it because of the miscarriage?" I whispered, tears forming.

"What!?" Jess yelled making me look at her bewildered. "How dare you say that? No! That is not the reason why!" she said.

"Then what is it?" I asked throwing my hands in the air.

"Trust me, you don't want to have sex with him." She said. I looked at her accusingly.

"Why not? Is something wrong?" I asked. She opened her mouth and closed it making me narrow my eyes.

"No! It's just..." she sighed. "I'm sure he hasn't had sex with you because you're not 100% recovered." She said.

"Are you kidding me? I'm 100% recovered! I just need more practice walking and I'll be fine! This is ridiculous!" I said.

"How do you know he won't have sex?" She asked me.

"Because I've tried! And he refuses!" I yelled. A knock to my door made us shut up.

"Everything alright in here?" Chris came in looking at us. Shit, did he hear? Oh god I hope he didn't eavesdrop. He gave me a kiss to my forehead. I scrunched up my nose. This wasn't our normal greeting before the coma.

"Everything is perfect." Jess said with sarcasm. I sighed. I hate that things have changed.

"Daniel is outside waiting for you." He said. I smirked. They're back together. They're taking things slowly so she says. Jess got up and said her goodbyes. After she left I got up and gathered some clean clothes.

"Ima take a shower." I said to him. He nodded, not saying a word. I headed to the bathroom and started the shower. That's when a light bulb went on inside my head. I smirked. I hurriedly got in the shower and left the door unlocked. I showered hurriedly, when I was done I prepared myself to go through with the plan. I sat on the tub, hugging my knees to my chest. Then I let out a yell, I hit the tub with my hand for extra effect. Soon I heard Chris running down the hall to the bathroom.

"Melody! Are you ok?" He asked.

"Crap, I fell. This hurts." I whispered. He opened the shower curtain. "Can you turn off the water?" He asked me. I shook my head. He reached out and was about to turn it off, before he could I pulled him in completely. "Melody!" He yelled out. I chuckled. "That's not funny, I thought you were seriously hurt." He said to me somewhat angry.

"You wouldn't come in here any other way." I said. That's when he took note of our position. He looked away. "Why are you so shy all of a sudden? This isn't anything new." I said. "Is it because of my miscarriage?" I asked in a murmur. He looked at me as if I were crazy.

"No!" He said. I let out a breath of relief.

"Good." I said before I pressed my lips to his. He froze in shock before he stared kissing me. Soon enough he pulled away and shook his head. "Melody, I can't." He said looking pained. He stood up and I followed, making sure he doesn't escape.

"Why not?" I asked. He wouldn't look at me. I pressed myself to him. "Give me a good reason why we can't." I said. His breathing was turning shallow, I know his body wanted to have sex - I could feel him. I kissed his neck, I let my hands travel underneath his shirt, feelings his muscles.