Chapter 31

A bigger love

Melody's POV

November

Managing school and work is hard. I'm so busy I don't have time to wallow in self pity. Which is good...

I have thought over our conversation. And... it kills me. She made - makes him happy. I was out of the picture.

They didn't know when I was going to wake up or if I was going to wake up. It makes me sad.

There was a side of me that hated them - everyone. Then there was another side of me that understood Chris. If I hadn't woken up... if I ended up dying - thank god I didn't - would I have wanted Chris to be alone and depressed? Obviously not. He deserves to be happy. And that's what he was doing - he was being happy and living his life. I can't hate him for that. I can't be angry at that.

I just hate that I was forgotten. Instead of dumping her, he practically dumped me. I got left behind and it's breaking me.

I want to be angry at him, I am angry at him; but, I know I shouldn't be. He's happy. I want him to be happy whether that's with or without me. Should I really be angry that he's happy? No, I shouldn't. I should be selfless and be happy for him... it's going to take time obviously. I left his house in bad terms. I sighed and quickly took out my phone texting him quickly and sending it before I could regret it. I gulped as the screen said "delivered."

I'm sorry I left that way, I'm happy for you. Wish you the best.

I put my phone down and rubbed my head. Suddenly my phone started vibrating. I jumped and my heart started racing. Incoming call from Allan. I let out a sad smile, I was hoping it would be Chris.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Mels, how are you?" Allan asked.

"Hey, I'm good. Taking a break from paperwork." I said looking at the teaching plan I had been working on before I got distracted.

"I see, I'm about to book my ticket to go and visit." He said.

"Really?" I asked excitedly. I haven't seen him since... it's been a while.

"Yea... so, how are you? I know I asked that already, but I mean really, how are you?" He asked serious. I sighed.

"I'm good Allan. Honestly. I'm still hurt, but I'm working on it." I answered.

"Okay good. I've got a surprise for you when I arrive." He said sounding like he's up to no good.

"I've never liked your surprises Allan." I reprimanded.

"You'll like this one." He sounded so sure.

"When are you booking your flight? And how long are you staying for?" I asked.

"I'm going to book the flight for next weekend. I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay for. I'll let you know later, I may just book a one way flight." He said making me frown.

"What about Janet and the kids? Are they coming?" I asked.

"She's going to LA to visit her family." He said.

"How come you're not going with her? Is everything okay?" I asked worried.

"Everything's fine. We don't have much vacation days available at work so we had to work with what we got. She wanted to visit her family and I wanted to visit you and Dad. We compromised. She figured she should take the kids since it's closer and she has a lot of family members to help with them." He answered.