Chapter 30

Dumped

Melody's POV

Mid October

I regretted sending the text immediately after it said it was delivered. I'm overthinking it. Is he going to reply back to me? Is he going to ignore it? Does he even want to talk to me? Has he moved on? Does he still love me? Will he be ecstatic? There are a million questions roaming through my head.

I couldn't believe he bought Buddy! He bought Buddy. The little bit that I thought had been healed from my heart opened up again. I wasn't sure if I should have kept him or returned him... even if I wanted to return him, I can't give Buddy back. My heart isn't allowing it. Buddy is a piece of Micah. I will just pay Chris back. That was my conclusion. I hugged Buddy close to me.

He replied back a minute later, agreeing to meet up with me to talk. He didn't say anything else. I asked if we could meet up at his place - that way I could leave whenever I saw fit. Also, I wanted privacy. I don't think this is something we should discuss at the park. People would stare if I started bawling my eyes out.

Today was the day. I mentally prepared myself for it. At least I think I did. I prepared myself for the worst. Worst case scenario would be... I don't even know what it is. I honestly don't want to think about it. I'm hoping he'll say something that will make things good.

He said he loved me. That he would always love me. I honestly thought he was it. That he was the one. He was always so good to me. So sweet.

I have to remember to keep an open mind no matter how much it's going to hurt.

I knocked on the front door. I only see Chris' car in the driveway so we will be alone. My heart started racing and my palms were sweating. This is going to be the first time I've seen him since I kicked him out of the house - the day I found out he was cheating on me. I let out a shaky breath as I heard footsteps coming to the door. Oh god, I'm going to vomit from the nerves. When the door opened I thought my heart was going to explode. I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. Seeing him again is making my mind go in a swirl. I gulped trying to get my composure together. He looks... tired. It made me wonder if he had trouble falling asleep. My heart stammered. He had bags under his eyes, and some stubble. That doesn't take away the fact that he's still the same handsome guy I came to love and cherish. He looks good no matter what. He stayed staring at me as well, not saying a word. I cleared my throat.

"Can I come in?" I asked quietly.

"Yea sorry." He cleared his throat as well and stepped aside for me to come through. "Come on in." I stepped inside and automatically recognized everything. Except it feels different. Back then, I felt comfortable, like I belonged here. This time, I wasn't too sure. I made my way to the living room and sat down. He followed suit, sitting across from me. "They found you." He started. I looked at him confused, but then I realized what he was talking about. When I disappeared and stayed with Jake.

"Oh... yea, I was planning on going back." I said shrugging. Seeing as Jake had left, I had no other choice.

"Where were you?" He asked. I squirmed, not liking the questions. Shouldn't I be asking him questions? He's interrogating me. Besides, what does he care? If he cared he wouldn't have cheated on me in the first place.

"I'm sure they told you already." I snapped a bit. He looked grim.

"They did. I wanted to hear it from you." He said. "You were with your neighbor the whole time." He didn't look happy. I glared at him. He has no right to be angry or upset.

"That's not what I came here to talk about." I said fed up.

"So we can't talk about other things?" He asked with a brow raised.