Chapter 19

Jessica's POV

She blacked out. She blacked out. Fuck. I put my head against the wall trying to get my emotions under control.

"Jess?" Daniel asked making me grit my teeth.

"What?" I asked with a sigh. So much for getting my emotions under control. Daniel always puts them on overdrive. I looked over at him to find him rubbing the back of his neck. I glared at him. He knows I find it attractive when he does that.

"Dave said we can head out if we want. The Docs gonna run some more tests on her. She also doesn't want many people in the room, saying something about keeping her calm." He shrugged. I let out a breath.

"Right..." I said getting up from the chair. I've been in the waiting room this whole time. There was no one else in here, surprisingly.

"Do you need a ride?" He asked me. I scoffed.

"No thanks. Why do you even care?" I asked passing by him. He gripped my forearm, pulling me back towards him. I instantly smelled the cologne I love on him. I melted at that moment. I miss being in his arms, I miss everything about him.

"I've always cared." He said through gritted teeth. I scoffed.

"Right. You've clearly showed that these past few weeks." I retorted. He shook his head.

"That's not fair." He said. I laughed bitterly.

"Haven't you heard?" I asked. "Life's not fair." I whispered to him getting close enough to where our lips almost touched. His eyes dilated and his breathing altered. I backed away getting rid of his grip on my arm. He glared at me.

"You broke up with me! Remember?" He asked angrily. "Don't act like the victim."

"The victim?" I asked incredulously. He sighed.

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't want us to argue. Let me just give you a ride home." He insisted. I shook my head looking at him as if he grew a third head.

"You're kidding right?" I asked. "You can't just shake that off and pretend like nothing happened!" I said exasperated.

"Fuck. Look, I fucked up okay? I was wrong. You were right. Is that what you want to hear? I'm sorry. I can't however say I'm sorry for wanting my cousin to be happy alike how you want Melody to be happy. I am sorry for putting your remarks aside and being a complete and total asshole. I'm sorry for the shitty things I said that day and all the other days. I was frustrated. Emotionally and sexually - I won't deny it." His eyes started getting watery and his voice was becoming pleading making my heart beat erratically. "I was hurting just like you were. You think I liked seeing Chris like that? You think I liked seeing you like that? Jess you're my rock. You're..." he sighed. "You're everything to me and I hated myself these past weeks. You don't know how badly I wanted to see you, to call you, to send you at least a fucking text message. It killed me not doing anything. The only thing that stopped me from doing so was reminding myself of what I said to you... of the broken look I caused... I'll do anything and everything to make up for it. Fuck, I miss you." He said looking at me tenderly. A traitor tear fell. He reached out and wiped it away. "Please don't cry." He whispered. I hate it when he goes all sweet on me. I always give into him. My heart felt like it exploded with his confession. I couldn't keep up with him. This is the reason why I fell so madly in love with him. I wanted to hug him and kiss him so badly, but my brain was telling me not to. My brain was telling me to hit him and hate him.

"If you're going to give me a ride home, can we please leave now?" I asked him rolling my eyes. His face lit up and he nodded like a lost puppy. I'm pretty sure my heart lit up as well.

"Yea, let's go." He said.