Chapter 3

Lucid Dream

Melody's POV

Darkness. Silence. The two things I was first met with.

There was no pain, no light, no voices, just numbness and quietness.

"Melody." I heard after an eternity of silence. His voice... the voice that brought me so much warmth and comfort. I'd recognize it anywhere. I followed it and tried to open my eyes. It took several tries before I got them to open. I squinted at the bright light. "Hey beautiful." Chris greeted with a relieved smile. "You scared me." He said worriedly. I sat up and realized I was in a hospital bed. I frowned confused. "You were in a car accident." He said. I gasped and touched my stomach, remembering the hit I took. My heart started racing, the pain I had felt was gruesome. I winced remembering it. What if that caused me to have a- "Our baby is ok." Chris interrupted my thoughts making me let out a relieved breath, and a smile. Oh thank you god.

"How did you find out?" I asked him tilting my head. "Did Jess tell you?" I asked. He nodded.

"She was scared something happened so she told the Dr., but you are perfectly fine. No injuries, just several cuts and bruises." He informed me. I sighed thankfully.

"What happened in the accident?" I asked.

"Drunk driver." He stated angrily. I nodded understandingly and grimaced. I don't get how people can drive like that. "Dr. Maxfield is going to check up on you, he wanted to wait until you were awake to see if everything is okay. If he sees that you're all good we can leave." He said smiling. He reached forward and kissed me. He then rubbed my stomach and kissed it too. I laughed happily, I couldn't have gotten any more lucky. "I love you." He said kissing me again. "And I love you too." He said to my stomach making my heart swell with happiness. I have no idea what I was worried about in the first place.

"We love you too." I stated grinning.

After that everything seemed to fast forward like in the movies. Me talking to Dr. Maxfield, leaving the hospital with my family and friends, and many more events.

I'm confused. I know what happened during those moments, I was present, but it was all too quick, as if it were a montage. As if they were only memories, a dream... A vivid, beautiful dream.

"Your bump is so cute." Jess gushed rubbing my tummy. I chuckled at her. She says that every single time I see her. I am 4 months long, so I'm showing slightly now. Chris rubbed his nose on the side of my neck. I was sitting in between his legs on the floor, enjoying the warmth and love from him.

He's been here for me throughout my whole pregnancy. He hasn't once left my side. Every time I barf he's there- which I hate- whenever I'm craving something completely gross he gets it - and even tries it, whenever I'm tired he makes me go to sleep even if I don't want to, he deals with all my mood swings, etcetera etcetera.

We got our own small apartment near school last month. It's a one bedroom so the baby is going to be sleeping in the same room as us until we find a small house. However, I'm not complaining, I love our tiny place, it's cozy and it gives off a home feeling.

"We get it babe, it's cute. You don't have to say it all the time." Daniel grumbled. Jess glared playfully at him.

"You're just jealous she doesn't compliment you as much as she compliments us." I said smugly. He crossed his arms and huffed.

"Not true." He stated, glaring at the floor. We all laughed.

"That just confirmed it, idiot." Chris said chuckling. His hands were rubbing my stomach soothingly.

"Whatever." He grumbled.

"Aww don't worry babe, I think you're cute too." Jess said winking at him. He smirked.