Chapter 34

Melody's POV

A Chance

Late November

"I love that shade of color on you." I complimented Jess as she applied eye shadow.

"This palette has the best shades." She muttered as she concentrated on blending the colors.

"All done." I said, putting down the curling iron. I haven't done my hair in a long time. We're going to a club seeing as I haven't been to one.

"Are you going to end up wearing the black or the red dress?" She asked.

"Definitely wear the black one." Aiden said standing outside of my bedroom door.

"Wear the red one." Jess rebutted. I looked at Aiden and gave him a small smile.

"Sorry, I'm going with red." He chuckled and left. Jess sighed annoyingly making me look at her oddly.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Do you really want to know?" She asked. I nodded. "He gives you that one look all the time... he, I think he wants to get back with you." She said. I thought about her comment for a while and sighed. I've noticed it too, I was hoping I was wrong. I got up and closed my bedroom door in case he could hear us.

"I don't want him to get the wrong impression." I said. "I don't want anything right now, what should I do?" I asked.

"Oh thank god." She muttered.

"I thought you liked Aiden." I said, a bit upset. I don't want anything with Aiden right now for a few reasons. I'm still hurt from what Chris did to me. I'm not ready for a relationship. I want to heal completely before I start a new relationship. The other reason is because Aiden doesn't live here - He lives in San Diego. Am I willing to move back to San Diego? The thought of it hurts... it hurts because I would no longer see my dad, Jess, Daniel, and... Chris. My heart ached at the thought of never seeing him again. "Weren't you all for me getting with Aiden a couple days ago? Did Daniel brainwash you?" I asked. She scoffed.

"I don't know..." She muttered. I looked at her accusingly. She's hiding something from me. "What?" She asked innocently.

"You tell me." I said. She sighed.

"I just don't think Aiden is your lobster." She said, referencing Friends. I gave a small smile.

"I thought Chris was my lobster and I was wrong, so who knows... you may be wrong." I said trying to mask away the hurt. She stayed quiet. "Red dress it is." I said, wanting a change of subject.

________________________________________________________________

"I hope there's not a long line to get in." Jess muttered. We were in a taxi heading to the club. I smiled, feeling excited. I can't wait to dance and drink the night away. I want to let loose.

"It's pretty early, I doubt there's going to be a long line." Aiden said.

"You never know." Jess said. I know she's just trying to pick a fight with Aiden.

"Alright, we're almost there." I said, wanting them to stop with their comments. "Is Daniel there?" I asked Jess. He wasn't going to tag along because of work, but he managed to get out on time.

"I'm not sure, he hasn't replied back." She said looking at her phone again.

_________________________________________________________________________

I felt the burning sensation going down my throat.

"That's the second shot you've taken. You good?" Aiden asked, looking at me warily. I roll my eyes and smile at him.