Chapter 4

Roger's P.O.V.

'What the hell was that for?' I growled at Freddie, finally losing my temper once Amelia had gone inside.

'What do mean what was that for?' Freddie asked, offended by my burst of rage.

'Don't act like you don't know - making me look like a complete arse!'

Fred scoffed, 'Oh, darling, you did that all by yourself. I mean really, Roger? Talking about cars whilst flirting with a girl? If anything I helped you out there; you'll thank me later.'

'Sorry, Fred, I didn't realise you were an expert,' I said sarcastically, 'And for your information I wasn't flirting with Amelia. Just making polite conversation.'

'Says the man who flirts with every single girl he meets.'

'Ha! You're not exactly a saint yourself.'

'Alright, ladies, enough's enough. Stop arguing.' Brian intervened.

Freddie and I went quiet as he went back to reading the magazine he had in his hands and I lay back down on the sun lounger, lighting up a cigarette. I closed my eyes and sighed heavily.

'So, when are you going to ask Amelia out on a date then?' I heard Brian ask.

'Who said that I was going to?' I mumbled.

'Oh, come on, Rog. Amelia seems like a lovely girl, and she's pretty too. You obviously like her, I mean any chance you get to speak to her you take it.'

It was true. Whenever I passed by her in the corridor or walked into the same room as her, I made an effort to talk to Amelia, even if it was just a quick 'hello' or chat for a minute or two. And I agreed with Brian, she was pretty. Very pretty, in fact, and she seemed like a nice person too.

'Even if I did ask her out, where would I take her? It's only been a few days since we arrived here - I don't want to be too keen.' I reminded the guys.

'Well, she won't be expecting you to take her to some highfalutin 5 star restaurant,' Freddie remarked, 'But I we're you I would pull your finger out and ask her soon, before we head back to London.'

Brian nodded, 'Yeah, I agree with the time issue. We're only here for four weeks; make the most of it.'

I shifted uncomfortably, 'I dunno.'

'I think Roggie doesn't want to admit he has a huge crush on Amelia and is too nervous to ask her out.' John mocked, looking over at me with a grin on his face.

My eyes darted in his direction, 'I am not nervous!' I lied, 'I've taken tonnes of girls out before. Why would this be any different?'

'Perhaps it's because you're worried about messing this one up,' Brian suggested, 'Look, just take her out for a drink at the pub down in the village, nothing major, but it'll be a chance to get to know her a bit better. Where's the harm in that?'

'Yeah. It's about time you got yourself a girlfriend anyway.' Freddie piped in.

The guys did have a point I guess. Time wasn't on my side and who knows if I'd see Amelia again so if I was going to make a move it would have to be sooner rather than later. I just hoped that she wouldn't reject my offer but then again why would she? I'm Roger Taylor of Queen, for gods sake. Most girls would queue up to go on a date me so I had no reason to be nervous.

But I was nervous, despite saying I wasn't as Brian's comment still lingered in my head - I genuinely didn't want it to go wrong.

Maybe I was just overthinking this whole thing. I mean, it was just a drink at the pub. What's the worst that could happen?

─────

Hello everyone!

So I decided I'd upload some parts of the story from other people's point of view because I think it just makes the whole story more interesting. This chapter is also quite short compared to the previous ones but chapters from now on will probably be about this length as they're much quicker to write and upload. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter and I just wanted to say thank you for the support so far on this book and the comments I've received, they really make my day.

Many thanks!

- Anna :-)) x