Chapter 5

Amelia's P.O.V.

I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins as we approached the obstacle ahead of us - the triple bars. They proved a difficult task for Admiral at times, even with his many years of training under his belt. Some days he would straight up refuse to even jump them, which I can tell you from experience was a problem when it came to competitions. Nonetheless, he sailed over the bars without any difficulty and continued the rest of our make shift jumping course in decent time, but I knew it was an area that we had to work on.

Today was Saturday and the only day of the week I actually got any proper training done, that is, when I didn't have work of course. Speaking of which, I told Charlotte that the band got her message a few nights ago and said thank you, plus the fact Freddie was wondering if she was single, to which her reaction was almost collapsing on the floor. I tried telling her it was probably a joke but she didn't care - Freddie Mercury asked, in his own words, if she was single, and that was enough to make her swoon. I didn't blame her, though. If I was her I'd probably react to that question in the same way.

Anyway, I trained with Admiral for a while longer until I decided to call it a day and began walking him to the gate when I saw a familiar face standing at the fence. It was Brian.

'Impressive.' he commented, smiling, 'I can barely even stay on a horse when it's walking, never mind jumping.'

'It just takes practice,' I replied, walking up to him, still on Admiral's back. I noticed he had a tennis racket in his hand, 'Training for the Wimbledon final?'

He chuckled, 'Not quite. The guys and I are playing tennis in the courts over there. Actually the reason I came over was to ask you if you'd like to join us.'

'I dunno,' I hesitated for a moment, 'I don't want to be intrusive.'

'Don't be silly, of course you wouldn't! We'd love to have you there, it'd be fun. Besides, the others have already started squabbling over scores so I have no one to play against.' Brian told me.

I laughed and thought about it for a bit more before giving in, 'Alright, you twisted my arm, I'll play. Just let me take Admiral back to the stable and I'll come back with you to the courts.'

'Great!' he beamed as I dismounted Admiral and lead him back to the stable, Brian following closely.

After having a long discussion with Brian about what he did before he joined Queen, which included studying for a PhD in Astrophysics, I figured it was time to head to the tennis courts before Admiral got too friendly as he'd tried to nibble on Brian's hair several times whilst I untacked and groomed him. He was obviously too impatient to wait for his feed and Brian's hair must have looked quite appetising to him.

'Sorry about Admiral trying to eat your hair.' I chuckled, whilst the two of us walked along the path heading towards the tennis courts.

'No worries, I've got plenty of it. It'd take a while for him to eat it all.' he laughed, 'So, how good are you at tennis then?'

'Oh, pretty good! I won the school tennis tournament in Year 8 so I think I've got a fairly good chance of winning.' I said, half sarcastically.

'Oh, really?' Brian smirked, 'We'll just see about that.'

Roger's P.O.V.

'I saw the ball go outside the line with my own eyes!' I shouted over at Freddie who was stood on the opposite side of the court with his hands on his hips.

'Excuse me. I'll have you know the ball, was in fact, inside the line. That imbecile over there almost took my eye out with it a moment ago, but you never picked up on that!' he retaliated, pointing at John, who stood there with a unimpressed expression on his face.