Chapter 21

Roger's P.O.V.

Making our way along the seafront with the sun beating down on us, Amelia and I walked side by side whilst trying to stay together so neither of us drifted off as we weaved through the sea of people lining the street. I'd been to Brighton many times before in my life, but I don't think I'd ever seen it as heaving as this. The two of us chatted to each other to pass the time, which allowed me to take in just how radiant Lee looked today.

Her nearly all-white outfit suited her perfectly, although her small face was hidden behind her sunglasses and the sunhat she was wearing. She almost looked like an angel as she walked gracefully beside me. God, she really was beautiful. Trying hard not to be caught staring, I lead an unknowing Lee to the first stop on my list. Seeing as it was past noon and neither of us had had anything to eat since this morning, I figured grabbing some lunch would be the best thing to do before anything else.

My chosen restaurant was situated on the promenade looking out onto the sea, and was one I'd been to before. I knew it had an amazing lunch menu, even if it was a bit pricey, so I made a reservation earlier on in the week to guarantee a table (I was much more organised than I let Freddie believe). Despite the dent eating here would most likely leave in my wallet, I didn't really care - I wanted to take Lee somewhere nice and most importantly, somewhere memorable. It was worth it.

'You hungry?' I asked Lee, probably rather out of the blue.

She looked up at me through the lenses of her sunglasses, 'Now that I think about it, I am a bit actually. All I've had to eat today is a bowl of cornflakes, and that was almost 6 hours ago.'

'Yeah, that's what I thought.' I nodded, 'Don't worry, we'll soon sort that.'

A smirk grew upon Lee's lips, 'Ahh, so that's where you're taking me - out to lunch. I was wondering what you were planning.'

'Well, we can't have much fun on an empty stomach, can we?' I chuckled, 'And that's not all I've got in mind either. We're going to make today as much fun as we can.'

'My, my, you are organised. I can hardly contain my excitement,' Lee winked at me, sending my heartbeat into overdrive. She crossed her arms and glanced around, 'So, whereabouts are we eating then?'

'The restaurant is just a little bit further down this street. Oh, and just so you know, I'm paying, so I don't want any arguments. The food there is fantastic, Lee. I just know you're going to love it.'

The brown haired girl nodded, smiling, 'Sounds promising.'

We carried on walking for a couple more minutes until we reached the familar establishment. It was on the bottom floor of a late 19th century building, which looked like it was once of great importance (before it became an eatery of course). Stone carvings and large windows adorned the outside walls, with large letters above the doors reading, 'The Parlour' welcoming us in. My eyes landed on Lee, who was looking at the building worriedly.

'You okay?' I asked, putting a comforting hand on her back.

She turned her head to face me, 'Yeah, it's just I'm, uh, not exactly dressed for eating somewhere as posh as this, am I?'

'Bullshit. You look lovely. Besides, everyone in there will be dressed the same as us anyway - the toffed up ones come here in the evenings,' I told, her giving her a reassuring smile, which she returned, 'Shall we go in?'