Chapter 19

Quick thing I wanted to let you know before you start reading...

There's a question at the end of this chapter in the authors note and I would really appreciate it if you guys could answer it. Thank you! - Anna :-)

Amelia's P.O.V.

The next six days went around quickly and before we knew it, it was the day of the trip down to Brighton. I was looking forward to our day out more than anything, but still there was that nagging voice in the back of my head which kept reminding me that today was the band's last day at Ridge Farm. I didn't want to think about tomorrow. At all. I just had to keep my mind occupied and distract myself, so being out and about would help me do just that.

When I told Charlotte about our outing when I was at work on Monday, I was dying to see her reaction when I told her that she was invited to come along too. I went for the whole morning without saying a word, having to restrain myself from bursting with excitement every time I walked past her or talked to her about orders. I kept calm and collected until we went on our lunch break which was when I decided I would tell her the news. We sat outside in the small garden at the back of the cafe where we had a table set up for staff members to sit on nice days. The two of us sat there eating our lunches whilst making general conversation about the regular stuff we talked about. When we finally finished, I decided to mention what the plan was for Friday.

'Char?' I piped in.

'M-hm?' she mumbled as she lit up a cigarette, taking a quick drag.

'You don't suppose you could convince your mum to let you have the day off on Friday, could you? I asked.

'Depends,' she replied, 'What are we doing? Shopping?'

I scrunched my face a little, 'Well, partly. Yes.'

'Where?'

I smirked, 'Guess.'

Charlotte rolled her eyes and thought for a second, '...Guildford?'

'No.'

'Woking?'

'Uh-uh.'

'London, surely?'

'Not even close.'

'Oh, fuck this, your killing me with all this suspense, Lee - just tell me!' Charlotte exasperated, making me chuckle.

'Alright, fine. We're going down to Brighton.'

'Brighton?' she looked at me puzzled, 'Haven't been there in a while. Yeah, I suppose that'd be sort of fun...'

'With Queen.' I added.

I watched as her face went from placid to completely and utterly dumbfounded, after almost choking on the smoke she inhaled. Charlotte looked at me wide-eyed with her mouth agape - I don't think she quite believed what I was saying.

'You're having a laugh.'

'I swear I'm not.' I quickly assured her. 'I told you I'd find a way to get you to meet them.'

'B-but...how did you -'

'The band themselves are the ones who organised it.' I told her, 'Roger asked me if I would like to join them but I remembered how much meeting them meant to you so I asked if it was okay if you could come as well. They were more than happy about the idea and they look forward to meeting you too.'