Bad news for Angelina❤

UNEDITED

Xanders POV:

As I exit the travels agent with two huge booklets in my hands,  I smile to myself. My perfect life that I have craved suddenly was coming together.
For one, I had Angelina just where I wanted her, she was officially comfortable with me. We would talk nearly everyday and I even had added her on Facebook which I usually take a look at every few hours.
I was not sure how much I meant to her and if she even liked me as a friend. But in time id ask her how she felt and even if she would ever meet with me for a coffee or something.
Secondly I had enough savings to part buy part rent my dream home. I had already chosen it in the perfect setting with the perfect amount of space and in a quiet spot so less people would be in my way. I didn't like people much.
My mum would no nothing about my new life once I left her house. I was leaving forever.

I jumped in my work van and sighed lightly to myself. I needed to call my mum and see what she was up too.
I dial her phone and she picks up on the second ring.

"Xander"

"Hey Mum, you okay?"

"Not really, I have ran out of vodka, would you pick me up some?"

Sighing loudly as ever so she caught it, I start up the van.

"Mum I cant." I lied.

I knew this day would come. I would deny my mum a drink and she would go ape shit on me. But it had to be done before I left home, I needed to help her or she would be dead within the next year.

"I don't want to hear that crap Xander, I've seen you buying new things lately then storing them in the shed thinking I didn't notice, you sly prick" She growls.

I honestly did think she didn't notice most times as she was out of it. But I guess not.
I could feel the anger radiating off her already.

"Mum, listen drink water or something." I say sarcastically.

I realise that I will probably give in and buy her alcohol as she literally needs it to survive, its her life now.

"I don't want water,  I want vodka or rum, please Xander just a little bottle to last me the day" She begs.

I sigh loudly again, hanging up the phone and zooming down the street. I guess id pick her up a small bottle of vodka to keep her quiet and sane for now. But after today things would have to change.

Angelina's POV:

I pull open my car door pushing my purse on the passenger seat and sitting comfortably in the driver seat. I flick on the stereo and Katy P dark horse plays. I nod my head starting the car up.
My phone suddenly rings and I turn the stereo down answering.
There was no caller ID so I answer anxiously.

"Is this Angelina Krane?"

"Yes it is, who is speaking?"

"Morning Miss Krane, I have some bad news for you regarding the Cinder Kitchens."

I grip the steering wheel in panic.

"What happened?" I ask frantically.

"There have been over 20 redundancies in the kitchens due to the recent recession and unfortunately I have been asked to give you the news that you are one of them."

I AM SPEECHLESS
My mouth suddenly dry and I am in total shock.
Just this morning I woke up optimistic about my job even if it wasn't the best, feeling the weather and in a great mood and then this..

Finally I have the courage to speak.

"But.. But why me?"

"It isn't personal Miss Krane, it is just a tricky situation that the cinder kitchens have gotten into"

Tears pool in my eyelids

"I have nothing without this job" I whisper.

"I am so sorry to report this news to you Miss Krane, for all the trouble the Cinder Kitchens have caused we are willing to pay you a settlement of £2,500 until you find another job."

I wipe away the slight tears falling from my eyes.

"Thank you for that." I whimper.

"Your very welcome, please do take care and again I am sorry for your loss of job."

I pull the phone from my ear without saying bye and hang up.

"WTF" I say to myself.

Why was my life crumbling bit by bit

Firstly Lulu ups and leaves and then I'm jobless. Which means no money when this settlement runs out..
I will have no one to turn too. At this realisation I burst into tears wailing loudly holding my head in my hands.
My breath is hitching in my throat and the tears just wont stop.
I grab my phone out my lap and quickly log in to Facebook.
I find Xander's name and press private message.
I have never messaged Xander on Facebook before so for a few seconds I just stare at the blank message box.
Finally I gain the courage to mail him with three simple words.

I NEED YOU

➳