Helping Mum?❤

UNEDITED

Xander's POV:

I could say this has been the best week of my life. Early this week Angelina had agreed to a date with me, mid week I had brought two outfits that would not only impress her but have her wanting to rip every thread off my sculpted, well kind of sculpted body. Then tomorrow; Saturday would be the date. The date I have not stopped thinking about since Tuesday. Even my mum had been reserved and kept out my way. However, her being quiet was worrying me slightly. So I decide that it was time to approach her on the matter. Sliding my feet downstairs anxiously I head into the alcohol stenched kitchen. My mum is stood by the counter her thin body covered by a worn out stained night dress, her feet tucked into cosy slippers and her thinning hair pushed up into a messy bun. 

I clear my throat to grab her attention.

She slowly turns around to face me, her eyes glossy and wet as if she has been crying.

"Whats up Ma?." I ask concerned.

My mum ignores me turning back to the vodka bottle. She pours herself a glass of vodka then opens a carton of cranberry juice pouring a small amount on top the.

"Don't try and act like you care son." She mutters more to herself then to me.

I step a few steps closer to her my arms crossed against my chest.

"I do care Mum so what is wrong?". I ask again.

"Just... fucking leave me alone." My mum shouts picking up her glass and throwing it hard against the far wall. I stare at the stained wall in shock. I was used to my mum acting out but this time was different. She was not drunk yet which meant she was generally upset about something. I stroll over to the dinning table and take a seat staring at my mum who is now facing the window her back purposely turned away from me.

"Aren't you going out tonight?" She asks.

"I am." I reply.

She snorts turning to me, one hand on her hip, the other pointing aggressively at me.

"How can you say you care when you are never here, your always out doing something sneaky and to add your moving away and leaving me here all alone to die." She yells.

So there it was, the root of my mums' misery. She was scared of being left alone.

I sigh loudly standing up and walking slowly towards her.

"Mum you got to understand that although I love you with all my heart I got to live my life."

My mum shrugs tears setting in her eyes.

"I have an idea how I can help you before I leave." I say.

My mum wipes her eyes roughly. I reach out and gently put my hands on her arms.

"Do you want to hear me out?."

My mum nods biting her bottom lip hard.

"How about a fresh start for us both, I'll be moving in to my new home alone and I was thinking you could sell this place and find something smaller and modern with new furniture and a new atmosphere."

My mum shrugs rolling her tired eyes. I blink hard upset as I remember being younger and telling my mum how beautiful her eyes were, and now when I looked in them all I saw was the emptiness of her poor washed out soul.

"Let me finish okay." I demand.

"So yeah, a new home and a new look. I will treat you to a spa weekend with saunas, massages the lot then you can go on to get a hair cut and get you makeup done...

"Oh please Xander." My mum interrupts.

"And the best part is.. after all this luxury I can get you private help with your drink." I continue.

My mum gasps in surprise. "Why do I need help with that?".

"Oh mum do not play that card with me, I have offered you a lot here so please just agree to it."

My mum nods a stern no. 

"Xander as much as I appreciate your help, I think I will be okay."

"Mum, I didn't want to hurt your feelings but I guess you have pushed me there.. Your an alcoholic mess and you need help, you have not done anything productive with yourself for years and you are just killing yourself." I breathe all in one breath.

My mum raises her hand back before slapping me harshly in my face.

I shake off the slap pulling my mum by her arms into the living room, she tries to pull away but her body is so weak. I push her into the living room and she stumbles onto the nearest chair.

"I'm sorry Xander." She cries tears now streaming down her face.

"I just want to help you momma but you cant accept that so you stay here all alone and drink till your last breath but remember I tried with all my might... I tried." I yell before stomping away angrily.
I march up the stairs feeling the anger surging through my body. I rush into my bedroom sitting on my computer desk chair. Within seconds tears were pouring down my face as I picture my mum alone in the house drinking glass after glass. How could I leave her? But what could I do if she didn't want to accept my help. But I would try one last time. I had too. I was all she had.

Authors note: This chapter had me tearing up as I wrote it. POOR XANDER'S MUM.

🔜 🔜