¤Chapter 19¤

(Ed's POV)

My mom was not fine. That's all I thought about at the moment and my eyes kept stinging as I thought of her at a hospital.

Taylor didn't murmur anything else to me, I suppose she had given up on talking to me and I didn't care. The silence helped me analyze and capture better than the blur of words thrown my way.

I am completely confident that Taylor just wanted to help me out, but she couldn't understand at the moment and would perhaps never, so I was glad she had quieted down for the moment. She drove straight towards the hospital her friend had mentioned as we headed out and I was happy yet annoyed that she was here.

She was always there to see me break down and cry. I hardly ever saw her upset or pushed towards the never going back to happiness state and that made me mad to an extreme state.

As soon as she parked her car into the parking lot of the hospital without saying a word or looking her way. She had had to have understood with my actions - I just didn't want her around me at the moment and that was that.

I pushed the doors of the hospital with a force that I thought had left me a while ago and I marched very quickly toward the front desk asking about where my mother was at.

"Name?" the front desk woman asked as if I were just another pesky fly

"Hmm?" I asked, not quite understanding and not quite wanting to

"What is the patient's name?"

"Her last name is Sheeran."

"Full name?" she inquired unamused by my answer

"Just- she's my mom okay?" I said speaking with hurt lacing my tone "I'm Ed Sheeran - please just-"

"If I check your mom by last name then I'll have to do it for everyone." she stated her eyes behind her glasses showing her disapproval "Now, tell me her first and last name."

"Just search it by Sheeran." I heard a voice say behind me

I looked behind me and sure enough it was Taylor Swift who had spoken.

The main desk lady sure sped up after Taylor has spoken and she told me the room faster than it had taken her to look at me dissaprovingly.

I thanked the woman after she told me the room number and left before Taylor could utter a single word or phrase to me.

I knew it wasn't right to run across a hospital floor, but I did it anyway cause I thought - I'll get faster to my mom by running and - I can run away from Taylor while looking like a movie character at the same time. That ended up costing my ads which his the floor pretty badly and my dignity - a family of seven people saw me fall down and Taylor was right behind them in the waiting room.

She looked at me as if looking at me for the first time and it did make me feel really stupid but I just got up and marched towards my mother's room without much thought or thought of any extra meditation.

There was one thing I was sure of however, it would kill me to actually see my mother in a hospital bed - imagining her just couldn't portray the same impact that the actual looking at her there would cause. So, I opened the door to the room and stepped inside.

The first thing I noticed were the amount of roses surrounding her and I smiled. If course I noticed all the abstract changes after that and it made me want to hit the wall next to her bed with my numb fists.

She smiled as she saw me, but I noticed it hurt her and that was enough to make me cry and fall to my knees.

"Oh, Ed." she murmured as she stroked my hair, letting my cry against her slow moving chest

"I'm sorry mother." I stated time after time and she just asked me why, it seemed she didb't understand why I would be sorry, but I was just too choked up to explain at the moment.

After a while she let go of me and patted my head to tell me to get up without actually speaking.

"Son, I'm glad you're here," she said smiling at me "You're father-"

"Where is he!" I exclaimed really enraged at that moment that he could've just left her during one of the harshest and most crucial moments of her life

"I sent him to go eat. You know Ed, he's been here with me for two days already without sleeping or eating, it's had for him, so I just sent him out to eat. Plus, he's not far, he's only downstairs - said he didn't want to leave too far from me because if something happened to me and he wasn't near, he would die of the shame of having "ditched me for food".

"Good." I stated and my mom looked at me with a questioning glance

"You know Ed, you're just like you're father."

I didn't say anything to say, I just grabbed her arm and pleaded her to smile, even just a little.

We continued talking, and after thirty minutes she told me I could leave, but I shook my head and told her that I wouldn't stay until she laughed.

She laughed at that fact and then she told me to leave, that she wanted to rest without thinking that someone was there with her.

"Go home honey, go to whoever can hug you at the moment. Mamma's gotta go to sleep at the moment."

She finished talking and soon she drifted off to sleep, or so I thought until she told me to get out of she'd get up from the bad she was in and she's personally kick me out or get me kicked out if she didn't have enough strength to kick me out.

"You'd do that?" I questioned her in disbelief

"'Course, just like the good old days my boy."

That was enough for me to decide to leave her to her peace, at that moment with her mischevious smile and her smart ads comment I felt that she coming back to herself a little and that I had done well.

I came out of the room and I say down in the waiting room crying. She seemed better, but I knew it would be short, for God's sake she had cancer in her breast, how could she even seem to get better with just a bit of happiness?

Taylor appeared after a while and I just ignored her and didn't answer her at all even though I knew it was just plain to do so.

I didn't want to answer her hoever because at that moment, actually since I knew about my mom being at the hospital I wanted to rip someone to shreds like I was feeling at the moment and God knows I wouldn't be able to stop if I started.

I checked on my mom after a while and I smiled to see her asleep but I grew enraged when I saw who was curled up in a sofa behind her.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Remeber to:
☆Vote
☆Comment
Spread Book Around
☆Save Into Your Reading List Or Library

//Ana//