Colors ↹ IX

Nine:
Parrishable

Entering the Sheriff's office again was something Magenta never knew would happen again. But it was the same as last, to talk with someone.

"It's not just that she could still be alive." Stiles told his father before the three teens turned around.

"It's that she would've had to fake her death." Lydia informed the Sheriff.

"And I can't reach out to her. Either she doesn't want to talk or she's alive." Magenta added in.

"Your grandmother, Lorraine Martin, faked her death?" the Sheriff asked.

"Definitely." Stiles replied.

"Yes." Magenta told the Sheriff.

"Maybe." Lydia answered.

"More than likely yes." Stiles corrected himself.

"Second that." Magenta agreed. Stiles arm brushed against Magenta's arm, causing little specks of green to appear in her brown eyes. This allowed her to see color for a temporary time.

"Oh, I'm guessing you got a story to back this up?" The Sheriff asked.

"She might be helping the Benefactor." Lydia answered.

"Or is The Benefactor." Stiles added in.

"Hopefully the neither." Magenta backed up.

"That sounds like a story worth hearing." The Sheriff  said before closing the door. They soon stared to talk before the Sheriff realized something.

"Anybody seen Parrish?" The Sheriff asked, sticking his head out.

"I have a hasty feeling." Magenta told her friend and crush.

"I have that feeling all the time." Stiles told Magenta. The Sheriff entered back into the room. Magenta fell on the floor when she heard glass breaking. The Sheriff immediately left the room to stop what was happening outside. There was a gun fire that hit the Sheriff. Magenta immediately got up and rushed to his aid. Stiles also had the same instinct, but they looked up to see a burned Parrish. He didn't seemed parrishable.

"I can't heal him." Magenta told Stiles after examining the Sheriff's shoulder.

"What do you mean you can't heal him?" Stiles asked Magenta. She looked up at the boy.

"I can heal the skin but that won't take out the bullet. Sorry Stiles. The best I can do is take away some of the pain." Magenta placed a hand over where the Sheriff was shot and took pain away.

↹↹↹

Magenta stood next to Lydia as Derek examined Parrish.

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked. Parrish nodded.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it?" Lydia asked. "The parts of the body that are essentially dead."

"Well, they should be gone." Derek told Lydia.

"Key word. Should." Magenta commented.