Colors ↹ XIX

Nineteen:
Newest Victims

"Do you know him?" Theo asked. Magenta stood on the opposite side of surgery table. She was filled in on Theo's little kill and how he knew about Donovan. Something that Magenta had to be in on.

"His name's Josh." Scott answered, looking down at the body. "He was a junior."

Theo, Stiles and Magenta looked at each other before Stiles covered up the body.

"Which one did it? The one with the cane?" Scott asked, while Magenta stood there acting like she didn't know anything. The couple turned to look at Theo, the professional lier.

"Yeah." Theo answered.

"What are we going to do with him?" Stiles asked. "We can't just set the alarm and leave. That's how Tracy disappeared. All right, someone's got to stay here with him."

"I volunteer as tribute." Magenta quoted The Hunger Games right when Theo also volunteered. Stiles looked at his girlfriend before looking at Theo.

"It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned." Theo told them. Everyone then looked at Magenta.

"I was hoping to finish reading 99 Days." Magenta answered. Scott's phone soon started to buzz. He took it out.

"What is it?" Stiles asked.

"Another one. Another Chimera." Scott replied.

"Looks like your on your own this time, Theo."

↹↹↹

"Hayden? It's Scott. I know that you're scared, but we just. . . We want to help. I can hear her heart beating. She's really freaked out. What happened?" Scott asked the Sophomore boy.

"She was okay when we got here. I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in." Liam explained.

"Why?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know." Liam answered.

"She's definitely a Chimera?" Scott questioned.

"She said she heard a voice saying,  "Your condition improves."" Liam replied.

"Okay, that's unsettling." Stiles commented. "Hayden. This is Stiles.  Your sister works with my dad down at the station. Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us."

"We just need to tell you the truth, Hayden. And that kind of thing usually is better face-to-face." Magenta shifted uncomfortably at the mention of that, for she and Stiles still haven't told Scott about Donovan. Or about how Magenta killed someone in the past. "Listen, either you're gonna unlock the door or I'm gonna have to break it open. It's okay if you don't want to talk,  or if you're not ready to believe us. But I just . . . I gotta know that you're okay in there."

Magenta took a step towards the door and knocked.

"Hayden, this is your fellow soccer lover person named Magenta. I just want to tell you that I know it must be frightening to be going through this, but you have to come out. If it makes you feel better, I brought candy." The door unlocked to reveal Hayden with claws, fangs and supernatural eyes.

"I believe you."

↹↹↹

"What are we doing at the Clinic?" Magenta asked her boyfriend. "I thought you said you were going to take me for ice cream."