Colors ↹ XXII

Twenty-Two:
Asthmaticus

The teenage girl stared at her lap. There was a wrench on it, the one that ended a friendship. Stiles glanced over to look at the wrench in Magenta's lap.

"Are you okay?" Magenta asked Stiles. His eyes trailed from the wrench to his girlfriend's face. He knew that it shouldn't have affected her to much, but it still did. His emotional state was the number one thing that she was concerned about.

"I'm fine." Stiles lied. Magenta listened to his heart beat, knowing that he was lying.

"No you're not." Magenta pointed out. Smoke then started to come out of the jeep, causing the two to start cough.

"No." Stiles spoke out. He pulled the jeep over, and when it stopped, Magenta quickly got off and threw the wrench on the car floor, coughing. She listened as Stiles grabbed his tool box and throw it on the floor before he popped the hood up. Magenta got up before heading towards the front of the jeep to help her boyfriend. She watched as he opened the case to see the wrenches. She eyed the last one before she went back into the jeep to get it. She picked it up before she headed back to the front to witness Stiles throwing the box full of wrenches away.

Stiles grabbed the wrench out of Magenta's hand, ready to throw it with the others before he stopped. Magenta frowned but jumped in the air when Stiles threw it at the jeep, which was right next to her. She watched as Stiles walked towards one of the wheels and sat down. Magenta moved to the other side of the jeep before she collapsed next to Stiles.

"Can I leave you here for a while?" Magenta asked her boyfriend.

"What for?" Stiles mumbled.

"So I can get my car while you call someone to get the jeep." Magenta answered, with a small smile.

"Go for it."

↹↹↹

Stiles watched as his jeep was taken away before he got in Magenta's car.

"Can they fix it?" Magenta asked.

"There's not enough duct tape in the world to fix that thing." Stiles answered. Magenta's eyes stayed on the road ahead.

"Maybe you should try something else other than duct tape." Magenta replied.

"It's got a bad alternator, you know, needs all new belts, transmission's going, the brake pads are basically metal on metal." Stiles explained.

"How come you let it get so bad?" Magenta asked, confused.

"There's been a few distractions." Stiles answered. Magenta already knew the jeep was heading towards her dad's shop.

"Where are we going?" Magenta asked Stiles.

"The Sheriff's station. I gotta talk to my dad."

↹↹↹

"Sheriff left half an hour ago." One of the cops told Stiles and Magenta. "He said he was on his way back."

"Okay, thanks. We'll just wait in his office." Stiles replied before he and Magenta entered the office. Not five minutes after they entered, they exited the room. The fire alarm was going off. They noticed two Deputies with their guns out, pointing towards Parrish.