Chapter XXIII

Twenty-Three:
Mad World

She took a deep breath as the sweat dripped off her face. She was tired and weak. She wanted to continue to work harder until she made it to her goal. Her father, Enrique Gomez, stood beside his daughter. He watched as Magenta ran forward and kicked the ball with all her might.

"You are doing it wrong, princesa," Enrique pointed out. The girl stopped from mid-kick and looked at her father.

"What do you mean, papá?" Magneta questioned. He took a step closer and nodded to his foot. The dark hair girl stared at his foot and payed close attention. She was determined to being able to kick a soccer ball in a goal 9/10 times. Even if it took all night, but she still had more things to practice later.

"You are kicking with the tip of your foot. If you keep doing that you'll break a toe," Enrique spoke while adjusting his foot.

"It'll heal," Magenta replied as if it wasn't a big deal. Her father shook his head before lightly kicking the ball with the inside of his food.

"This is the preferred way to kick a ball. And it is also easier," He took several steps back before he ran towards the ball and kicked the ball. It had made connection with the net. Magenta studied her target before she ran towards the next ball and did what she witness. The ball made it into the net.

"Finally!" Magenta yelled with excitement. Her soccer skills were rusty, and when she decided to make them better. She found out that it wasn't the same. She was kicking the ball wrong.

"Now let's see if you can go against your old man," Enrique laughed causing his daughter to join him in the laughter. There was a light laugh in Magenta's ear. She looked at the direction of the laughter to see her mother smiling at her and Enrique. Magenta couldn't help, but to smile wider as her mother faded away.

Father and daughter competed against each other until one of them won. Which ended in 10-11, meaning Enrique won.

"Am I distributing the peace?" Stiles asked, strolling into the backyard.

"Not at all, son. We were just finishing up our soccer practice," Enrique answered, looking behind Stiles. "And your father?"

"He is on the phone with Melissa," Stiles responded.

Soon Sheriff Stilinski entered the backyard and stood next to Enrique, who was at a grill. They were both watching Magenta teaching Stiles the rules of soccer.

"They really do care for each other," Stilinski spoke out loud. Enrique looked over at the Sheriff before glancing back at his only child.

"I really hope so. Stiles seems like a good influence for Magenta," the statement caused Noah Stilinski to snort.

"Stiles? Good influence? He caused me trouble ever since he learned to talk,"

"Oh, I know Stiles isn't a good influence. The other day I caught them in Magenta's room about to do some 'exercises'. But Stiles seems to help Magenta forget about her problems. After her mom died, she was in a depressed state. I felt even when she moved with her uncle, she still felt that way," Enrique explained before flipping some of burger meat.

"Sorry I'm late. I barely got the chance to escape the hospital," Melissa McCall excused herself while Scott immediately joined Stiles and Magenta. Who were now messing around with the guitar.

"This is the acoustic version of Colors by Halsey," Magenta informed Stiles and Scott

"Before Natalie Martin, Caleb Reina, and Henry Tate arrive, I would like to admit something," Enrique spoke with suspension. Melissa and John looked at each other, wondering what it was. "I know Magenta is a part of the supernatural and that your children have a part of it. Even Magenta's other friends."

"How do you know?" Melissa asked.

"Magenta keeps a journal in her room, I hear her and her friends talk, and her mother told me a few days before her passing," Enrique spoke fast. He has been keeping the secret because he knows that Caleb doesn't want him to know.

"Let's get this party started!" Lydia yelled walking into the backyard. She joined her friends followed by Malia to the area they were gathered around.

"It's never a party without Lydia!" Magenta yelled back, hugging Lydia and Malia. "We are just missing Augustus, Liam, and Kira."

"I heard my name." Augustus announced his presence as he took a seat next to Malia.

"Liam is with Mason and Kira is in New York." Scott stated as they gathered in a circle. Lydia then spotted Magenta's guitar.

"Ooo, you should sing us I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz," Lydia suggested, already knowing it was Magenta's second favorite song.

"If you say so, Lyds," Scott was ignoring what was going on and was listening to what the parents were saying. He had so far found out that Enrique knew the truth.

Enrique put all the meat in a container and with the help of Henry they moved it closer to their children. They all gathered into a circle and listened to Magenta sing while passing around burgers, meat, and some other foods.

Magenta layed on the operation table. She was stuck in her own mind, the place where time moved different. When Augustus found Magenta passed out, he noticed the mistletoe in her mouth. He was quick enough to rush her to the hospital to his dad.

I got to write some of my own stuff :'-) after season 6. depending how it leaves off, I will still continue to write; -)

BOOK 2 SHALL BE UP VERY SOON! MAYBE TOMORROW, MAYBE MONDAY! DEPENDING HOW BUSY I AM! it's almost 2 am, and I'm staying up late for you guys.

sgfghood