Chapter 7

Edited.

I ran out of the house going to the bus stop. I sit on the bench remembering Julian. I wait and wait and wait. "Ugh!" I groan. I can't wait this long! As much as I hated running this is my mom and I need to see her.

I began to run before a car pulls up honking. I look over at the man in the vehicle "Need a ride?" I've never seen this man before, but its my only hope. I jump in and he smiles. This man has to be or looks like 28.

"The hospital please" I say and he starts to drive there.

"Got hurt? Or a disease?" He jokes. This is no time for jokes jerk!

"My mom just died" I said and he shuts up. He kept driving not saying a word, the silence was awkward and I felt worried he was looking at my clothes. I'm too dirty to go in a hospital. STOP! This is your mom, you're going in.

"Here, sorry about your mom" I shut the door behind me not even saying goodbye. I run in before I get drenched again.

"I need to see my mom, Victoria Whinters!" I practically yell in the women's face.

"She just passed away but if you need to, room 403" she spoke shaking her head. This bitch being sassy to me.

"She's my mom!" She looks up at me with sad eyes "yeah.." I say taking the elevator. The doors open and I search room numbers. Found it!

I open the door seeing all the equipment gone. Her body getting cleaned. I walk over to her and grab her hand. Flashbacks come to me of when she was healthy and we used to go outside and play. I look at her, so pale,so cold, so lifeless.

I bend over and kiss her cheek. "I miss you already" I spoke to her hoping she hears me wherever she went. The door opens but I'm not phased, I keep holding her hand as tears roll down my face.

"Ma'am we need to continue to get her cleaned, you can wait outside till we're done if you like" she spoke. So nice.

"Thank you" I spoke quietly going out the door and sitting in a chair. I continued to cry. I look over at the empty space next to me and wish she was there.