The Great Elvenking

A few more hours of feeling like cattle and before my eyes an entrance like I had never seen before stood tall and proud in front of me.

     Pillars formed the entrance way; behemoth things that transformed to tree roots at the tops and bottoms the color of a foggy morning sky. A deep blue door fit for a giant with silver inscriptions tracing their way across the smoothen surface was placed behind them. We had to cross a narrow and fright-educing bridge-way(with no railings, I might add) to get to the entrance, under which there was no ground but a roiling rage filled river rushing beneath.

      The doors were opened, a sleeping giant stirring, woken unwantedly. And elven guards stood next to them. These elves were more dressed than the ones we encountered. Their armor was gold platted and covered almost their entire bodies with helmets covering their faces, not allowing them to show any emotion. We entered into what I guessed was an underground kingdom. Everything was light browns and amber, walkways were made out of huge tree branches that were flattened on the top, smooth enough I could slide on the surface with socks on. I was lucky I was wearing boots with rubber grip or I would have slipped off and fallen to the depths. The thought kept me from straying to the edge and I kept close to the group.

      I stared in awe at everything. The room was huge, although I knew we were underground the ceiling was so far above I couldn't see it and the bottom seemed not to exist. The whole place was carved corridors and wooden walkways and did not seem to end. For the vastness of the area, I was shocked by all of the intricate carvings done on some of the surfaces. The place would have taken century's to build, and perhaps it did.

     In the distances I could see small waterfalls and hear music in the air, light and flowing, the embodiment of something ancient and ethereal. Lights were strung high in the ceiling, causing me to feel dizzy just looking at them.

     We were taken to their... dungeon? Strangely it was set up like a regular prison, more fancy and elvish no doubt but I couldn't help but be awed by the simplicity of it. I expected a dungeon like I remembered from movies. Moldy rocks, wet slimy surfaces, and dark cramped spaces with hardly any light. But I was far off. I was put into my own cell, walking in calmly and letting the door be shut and locked behind me. The cell was empty, but dry, and made smoothly of chiseled stone, soft and cold to the touch, not at all gross and dingy. A bench-like thing was carved into one of the walls and I sat and leaned back on it, listening to the echoing waterfalls in the distance and Dwalin slamming himself into the bars.

     It's not like they could keep us here forever, that would be illegal. Wait. Did they have laws here? Could they keep us here?? And Bilbo, god I hope he was far from here, maybe getting help.

     I don't know how I could have possibly slept when I was so stressed, but the second my eyes closed I was out.

     The clang of the heavy metal door jerked me awake. By the loud sounds of the dwarves I hadn't been asleep for long A brown haired elf who seemed to be familliar was standing at the entrance. As I stepped out and started being shoved along I noticed I was the only one being let out.

     "Um. Where are we going?"

     "To see the king."

     Oh, that's right. The blond one said I would meet the king, but I didn't expect it to be so soon. Wasn't the method to frighten prisoners by making them wait? But then I remembered the company I was with. I don't think dwarves frighten easily.