The (Accidental) Escape

I was taken back to a room, why? I had no idea. But it didn't matter anyways. I had noticed on the way here that the sun had risen again.

    A day had passed.

     Guilt knawed at me. I was being washed and dressed and drinking wine while my friends - is that what they were now?- were stuck in a dungeon. 

     I counted the minutes as they passed, then when an hour approached I knocked on the door. "I just have a request." I tried to sound polite.

      Seconds passed and my heart thudded, I moved back as the door opened and a guard looked in. I swallowed my nerves. "Can I please have some clothes? I feel a bit indecent in this. Can I also have something to eat?" The guard towered there, then nodded and shut the door.

     I let out a relieved sigh then paced some more. The same two elves from earlier entered with a folded pile of clothes and a plate of food in hand. I thanked the Lord, or whoever they prayed to, that they had no dresses with them. Brown leather pants with fine stitching were given to me, and similar leather brown boots. I pulled on the pants underneath the dress, taking off the straps I let the silky material fall to the floor, covering my breasts with my arms. As I stood there one of them held out a corset, which I guess was there version of a bra. I slipped it on over my head, blushing the whole time. The dark haired one began yanking the strings, until I had to hold on to the edge of the bed. It got tighter and tighter. My breathing became limited, my ribs suppressed. It was all oddly satisfying. When they were finished I ran my hands along my waist. I had never been so slim. A cream-colored, long sleeved shirt was pulled over my head. Ornate golden designs swirled along the collar, shoulders and bottom. They acted professionally the whole time as if they had to do this daily, and maybe they did. When everything was on and fit me, strangely, perfectly, and I had scarfed the fruits and spiced meats down, I requested to see the King once more. They protested, but I bribed them that I might have some information for him on the dwarves. After a moment I was being led back to the throne room.

      I was only halfway down the floating walkway when I stopped. Something had happened. The king had his back to me, his son in full metal armor was next to him with a sword at the throat of a creature I could tell was hideously grotesque even from so far away. The red haired elf I had seen with the king earlier stood off in the corner, two daggers in her hands.

     This was an interrogation, albeit a brutal one. Immediately I thought of the dwarves. Did this  have something to do with them? Beorn had said something about a large group of creatures, could this be them? 

     I took a few more cautious steps forward, just as the red haired elf lunged forward at the creature. 

     "Farn! Tauriel, ego! Gwao hii!" It was the King, his voice startling me.  Her daggers were dangerously close to its throat.

     She glared at the creature, then, with an unbelievable amount of restraint she strode down the steps and past me, as if I wasn't there. I scooted away, feeling the rage seething off of her. What did that thing say?

      The king continued, as if nothing had happened. I patiently waited, watching the king walk along slowly, then he froze, staring into nothing. The creature must have said something.

      I jumped back as a flash of silver blinded me, the creatures body sagged to the ground, twitching. The son still held the head, and I now saw the sword in the King's hand. He still had his back to the creature, he wasn't even looking at it. But he still cleanly, effortlessly killed it.A chill slithered down my spine. What was he like in an actual fight? The son dropped the head and I watched it hit the floor with a sickening thud. The two exchanged conversation, the son clearly unsatisfied, then I froze as the king turned and headed toward the walkway.