Hethurin Atani

I jolted awake, the cold material of the toilet numbing my cheek. I pushed my torso back, the lack of strength in my arms a shameful remembrance, feeling the shooting pain from the uncomfortable position in my back and neck. Pulling my legs to my chest I tried to rub feeling back into them, as pins and needles ran along my skin like nails on a chalkboard.

I flushed the toilet, hardly anything but spittle inside, and dragged my limp body to the wall to keep from falling over altogether. At the feeling of the chilly stone wall against my bare skin, I forced my too heavy legs to dredge my weight along the floor, and finally heaved my body onto the bed. Sinking into the mattress like a rest after a ten hour shift. Burying myself up to my chin in soft furs I tried to force the memory of the frigid snow away, but each time I closed my eyes the barren clearing was still there, Thranduil's dead eyes boring into me.

My stomach heaved again, and I clenched to the blankets to keep it down. I wouldn't be able to make the trip back from the bathroom if I left again. I tried to force myself to stay awake, but my exhaustion won out and I faded.

**^-^**

I drifted out of sleep, something cold and wet pressed to my forehead.

A voice carried over to me, quiet and hesitant. "She is not well. We should get help."

My eyelids were heavy but I forced them open a smidge. Elyaas was sitting to my side, a worried expression on her features.

"No. She is fine." Taeauna stood off in front of the fireplace. "This is a simple sickness."

Elyaas looked over at her. My eyes shut, the weight too much to carry.

"We should tell him."

"No. We will wait."

I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

**^-^**

My name was being gently whispered, coaxing me awake. A annoyed whine followed. Realizing it was mine, I shifted, rolling to my side.

"Aeolus."

"Nooooo..."

"Aeolus, please, you must eat."

I rolled over, groaning the whole time. I pushed my body up against the head board, leaning my weight. My stomach felt like it was caving in, eating me from the inside out.

Elyaas sat once more next to me. She held a bowl and spoon in her hand. "Eat."

Her worried look startled me into following her orders. It was soup, but with something I hadn't tasted before. The broth, vegetables and meat were a familiar comfort, but spices were added that I couldn't place, giving it a tangy soothing taste. She fed me spoon by spoon, but as my stomach realized it was being fed I became rabid and I had to hold back from grabbing the bowl and chugging it empty.

When I finished the last spoonful she set the bowl down on the bed, and just looked at me. "I think I'll go to the library." I rose to heave myself to a sitting position but Elyaas set a hand on my arm stilling me.

"Aeolus, it would be unwise to put strain on your body. You should stay, and rest."

"That doesn't sound like a suggestion. How long have I been resting already?"

"A day."

"A day of rest is more than enough."

"I am afraid I cannot agree with that."

I studied her stern expression. "And do I have a choice?"

"Concerning your health, no."

I sighed. "Am I at least allowed to leave my bed?"