Dinner. With a King.

I cataloged the turns and corridors on our way to the dining hall, I did ask if they had a map of the kingdom but apparently that was a stupid question, knowing that eventually I would have to find my way by myself. As long as I had no more followers.

     I sucked in a breath as we neared a gigantic door. It was obvious by the ornate designs and guards posted outside. Not to mention it was a huge door, at least three people tall. Seemed like the doors get grander with the importance of the room.

     The two guards opened the doors, with a little effort I might add, and inside was a cavernous yet cozy room. Like the rest of the kingdom it was of smooth tan stone, the columns of grey/blue stone with vine designs that were found at every inch of this kingdom stood tall and proud on the sides, three lengthy dark oak wooden tables that could easily have seated hundreds stretched along the room. My mind was still spinning from trying to memorize the path, and it took me a moment to realize the room was already filled with people.

 My mind was still spinning from trying to memorize the path, and it took me a moment to realize the room was already filled with people

     I stopped dead in the doorway, feeling the blood drain from my face. There were dozens of pairs of eyes staring at me, and suddenly I was painfully self-conscious.

     "It has been many years since we have had a proper guest." Taeauna whispered to me. "Everyone has attended tonight to see you in person."

    I couldn't think of a better way of making sure I didn't eat. Royalty, aloofness, distant. Right. I could do this.

    The balming medicine was doing its work. I straightened my back and started walking, within a few feet though Elyaas diverted to the right and when Taeauna started to follow her I panicked.

   "Wait!" I whispered fiercely, she stopped, but only to look back at me in confusion. "Am I sitting with you?"

      She gave me a small and endearing smile. "My Lord has a seat for you by his table." She gave me another smile and turned.

      By him? Taking a shaky breath I turned and eyed the tables. Sure enough, at the end of the middle table a grand chair was set and in it was Thranduil. He was talking to an elf who sat on his left and next to him on the right of the table was the only empty seat. At the sight of him my hands started sweating and using all my willpower I walked calmly to the end of the table.

     Thranduil glanced up from his talk and saw me. His blue eyes looked me up and down and took in my dress, if it wasn't for the corset I wouldn't of had the confidence to stand up straighter and give him smile. My heart fluttered as he smiled back. He picked up his glass, no doubt filled with wine, and took a sip, returning to his talk.

     With as much grace as possible I gently sat down at the table, sucking in the whimper and trying to mask the wince that was probably plain on my face.

     Everything was gorgeous, intricately designed with branches and forestry. Even the silverware was designed to look like the pillars that rested on the side of the room, supporting the ceiling.