Entranced

I followed the alluring, dainty music. Ignoring my thoughts and just letting my captivation take over. I scrambled, tripped, ran. Louder and louder it got, entrancing me, like a moth to a flame. Finally I reached a closed door, pushing it open I entered without hesitating. Elleths were standing about. It wasn't a normal choir session like back at school. They sat elegantly on chairs some even on the floor. But the moment I entered they had stopped their sensuous tune.
      "Please, I'm sorry. Were you singing?" I was a little out of breath. Slight and unsure nods around the room."Would you be alright if I sat and listened for a while?" A few exchanged glances but I didn't want to be turned down. "Please, You all have such lovely voices, it's beautiful. I won't interrupt."

     At that they gave small smiles and nodded. Eagerly I sat down in the corner. Almost immediately one started singing a light and relaxing melody and the others joined, the one who started was a slightly lower soprano, with high sopranos singing in the background, it was high notes for a while. Then suddenly the Altos joined in, making it powerful, but also saddening, it was glorious and I fell into bliss. Laying my head back and closing my eyes, I let the music wrap around me. All my worries and thoughts vanished, it was just the music, cradling me...

     And then It ended and I opened my eyes, and closed my mouth(it was embarrassing but it sometimes happened when I get too deep) They were watching me, not judging per say but looked interested in what I had to say. My mouth was dry and I swallowed. "That was... the most beautiful singing I have ever heard." I gave a shy smile, "How long do you sing for?"

     An elleth with a fair face and almond eyes answered, and I recognized her as the soprano who had started the song. "A few hours, no more. Lest we strain our voices."

     I hesitantly asked, but I couldnt hide the eagerness in my voice "Can I stay until you are finished?"

I won't lie, it's been hard to continue writing. My inspiration has dwindled but when I heard this song on YouTube the idea hit me. It's not officially part of the story, I just felt really bad about not posting for such a long time. I used to be in choir and I LOVE singing. I might have Aeolus do a little singing and maybe she'll have an elf king admiring her voice from a distance, who knows?
Again, so sorry.
The song is The Passing of the Elves.