The End of the End

I stuffed some pillows under the blanket on the cot, knowing it would fool them. Then crawled underneath a lip in the tent. Stealthily, I crept around the ally's, the sun was barely shining over the horizon casting shadows to cover me, making it easy to avoid the eyes of the elven soldiers. I found a pile of elvish armor, probably left in case of needed replacement, and quickly snuck it away.

     I had to see Bilbo, had to make sure he was okay. Thranduil's anger was something I could easily deal with for the risk of seeing my friends again.

     Discovering an abandoned and still empty living space, I did my best to strap everything on and fit it correctly. It took me longer than I expected, and I still knew it didn't look correct, but it would have to do. I had finished just in time. Thranduil rode a grand elk through the streets of Dale with who I recognized as Bard riding a horse next to him, and I slipped in without him noticing, doing my best to match the stealthy walk of an elf. I had snuck a bow that was in the weapons but had no sword. I figured as long as I looked and acted the part I would be fine. I walked right behind Thranduil's elk, knowing his arrogance wouldn't let him look behind himself. And I was right. Seeing him though, brought back the kiss, and I scolded myself. I followed him very closely out to the battlefield... and almost peed myself.

     A massive army of elves stood outside of Dale, filling the whole field from the city to the mountain. Shaking inside I kept close to Thranduil as he entered the wall of elves. I thought he was going to ram into them but at the last moment they turned themselves moving simultaneously like a well oiled door. I was so stunned by their graceful synchronized movements that I almost started walking back, wanting to see if they could move just as accurately.

     Almost.

      We kept moving until we came to the front of the army

      We kept moving until we came to the front of the army. Thranduil and Bard didn't slow down and I realized just in time that they were going all the way to the bridge. I couldn't walk out behind them when I was masked as a soldier, that would be to suspicious for even Thranduil to ignore.

     So when they left the front of the army I stopped, merging with the front line. The other soldiers must have known something was up, but amazingly they reformed themselves to fit an extra person.

     I eyed the top of the barricade looking for Bilbo. All of the dwarves familiar faces were in full battle gear so the small hobbit, unarmored, stood out amongst them. I ,inwardly, let out a sigh of relief, he seemed unharmed.

     An arrow shot out at the elk's feet, causing both Thranduil and Bard to stop. "I will put the next one between your eyes."

"