Exchanging Gifts

So it's not the next chapter but it is a holiday special so I hope you enjoy it anyways.

I practically floated into our chamber, my feet dancing on the floor. Thranduil followed, shutting the door quietly behind him. My smile stretched farther as I took in his sparkling eyes, the one side of his hair sticking to his head, still damp from a perfectly placed snowball. I had been marking the days since I saw the first snowfall and could barely sleep the night before knowing what today would bring.

It was Christmas, December 25th, our first Christmas together. They didn't have Christmas, it was ludicrous to think they would celebrate it, but I couldn't help the excitement when I woke this morning or the smile that stayed plastered on my face the whole day.

I could see the confusion on Thranduil's face when I skipped into breakfast, but at the sight of me so happy he didn't question when I asked if we could take a walk.

Wintertime in Mirkwood was more beautiful than I could have ever dreamed, the great forest hushed silent, not eerie, but peaceful, the midday sun gleaming on the new fallen snow. It was light and sticky, so perfect I didn't hesitate to bunch up a snowball and chuck it at my victim. The absolute shock on Thranduil's face that dripped with snow had me doubled over in laughter, but then something was shlucked at my shoulder and I whipped to see mischievous eyes and a familiar smirk. We spent hours outside, having a war of snowballs( his aim grudgingly better) but I rewarded him with a few good shots. I taught him how to build a snowman, a project he had never thought of. But the most of the time was spent just lying down soaking in the view, perhaps a few more kissing sessions then I'm proud of. We returned only to get a snack before we were outside once more. More snowballs, more views, more private moments.

As the light started to slip we retreated to the warmth of the kingdoms closure. And now I stared at him, practically glowing and sopping wet in multiple places. I spun myself in front of the fire, nestling down in front of its heat, spreading my dress out around me.

Thranduil gracefully landed beside me and I snuggled into his chest, letting peace wash over me for a moment. Then I sprung up and scuttled over to the wardrobe, flinging the doors open and digging down to the bottom corner. I had to find a place that the nightly cleaners wouldn't go to, not trusting them enough to think they would leave it alone.

I pulled out the small wooden box, no bigger than a shoe box, its weight also closely to that of shoes. It's not like they had cheap cardboard boxes or bags so I had to make do. It was simple enough, chestnut brown with gold hinges. One of the ladies tried to convince me into a more ornate one with golden inscriptions and etched designs, but I went for a different one, plain wood, simply beautiful.

I carried it gently, sitting back down and placed the box in Thranduil's lap. He looked at me quizzically, but kept his smile. "And what is this?"

"A gift." I wrung my hands together. I had been thinking for a whole month what to get him. I was going to get him something, Christmas or not. But what was something a King didn't already have?

He raised a velvet a brow, and beneath the calm facade I could see the excitement. "And what is the occasion?"

I choked on the words Christmas Spirit. "Do I need one?" His smile melted my heart and I wiped my sweaty palms on my dress.

He flipped the latch, the lid opened on its hinges, and gazed at the contents. A small cream colored pile of fabric sat on layers of cushioney maroon silk. Again, no tissue paper for a stuffer. Elyaas was very confused at my request and the seamstresses were absolutely flabbergasted, astonished.

Thranduil picked up the first of the thin material, holding the lacy string aloft, confused. Each end of the string was connected to a triangle piece of silky fabric, their edges surrounded with a layer of lace. The bottoms of the triangles were connected with another string of lace, long pieces a foot long hanging on the sides.

"It's called a bikini. In my world women wear them a lot, its even close to a rudimentary version of a bra."

Still confused, he gently put the fabric down, picking up the second piece. One long piece of silk outlined with lace.

"Those are the bottoms." My entire body was overheating. I expected him to be confused, but I didn't expect myself to be so shy. "Here." Before I could stop myself I picked up the first piece, slipping it over my head and adjusting the triangles to fit over my breasts, feeling Thranduil's eyes burning into me. I gingerly looked up at him, looked into the fiery blue filled with need. He lifted up the second piece and I could see that he knew, but I took it from his fingers and laid it in place over my dress where I kneeled.

It was abhorrent, naked, disgusting, so far from anything a proper elf wore.

But Thranduil's gaze soaked me in, swallowed me up and drowned me in molten heat.

His fingers traced the lacy string around my waist. "Will you wear it for me."

His voice... My spine shivered, my skin rippled, the hair on my neck standing on edge.

I swallowed.

Well... Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas Happy Holidays Whichever you choose I hope you have a good day!