Expectations

The berry milk tasted a lot worse coming out than it did when I chugged it down. I flushed the toilet, then laid down on the stone floor. The cold sunk into my skin, goosebumps covering my body. I breathed in and out. In and out. When I felt I had enough strength, I sat up. Walking to the bed was a lot work, but once I was in I could sit up and move fine. I picked at the fruit on the tray, drinking a glass of water, before I felt good enough to fall asleep again.

**^-^**

     "-olus."

     "Mmm."

     "Aeolus."

     I sucked in a gasp of breath, forcing myself awake. "I'm up. I'm awake. I'm good." I dredged my weight out from under the maroon comforter, my feet touching the cool stone floor. Swinging the sturdy wardrobe doors open I picked through the dresses. 

     Something light.

     "You have been invited to breakfast with the king." 

     I paused in my search. "When?"

     "When you are ready."

     "So I get to make him wait. Perfect." I looked over my shoulder at her. She had a small smile on her thin lips and a shine in her eyes. Good, she had a bit of playfulness.

     My fingers slipped along a smooth fabric. I spread the dresses revealing my discovery. It was pink. I let out a disappointed sigh but pulled out the the dress and laid it on the bed. The style was gorgeous. High, tight collar that opened in the front dipping down. Long drooping sleeves, and a shimmering pattern that glowed beautifully with the pale pink.

     "That needs a sash." Elyaas strode over to the wardrobe pulling out a long blush colored piece made from the same fabric of the dress. A gold circle piece was also chosen. Where would that go? She laid them down next to the dress and we studied the look.

     She was probably thinking about hairstyles while I was dreaming of how a bra would make this look so much better. "Does it really take weeks to plan for travel?"

     "Yes. Planning is very important. If you do not have time to plan you will end up on a journey not unlike your past one."

      I shivered at the thought. No food, no dry clean clothes, unending agony. Never again.

     The dress was amazingly comfortable and easy to move in despite the ungodly long sleeves that seemed completely impractical. The gold brace thing actually went on my waist above the sash that wrapped tightly and thickly. Luckily it ended right above my feet so I didn't have to worry about tripping on it.

 Luckily it ended right above my feet so I didn't have to worry about tripping on it