Chapter 5- The Killers Revealed

The sunlight filtered through the curtains draped over the windows of the Hospital Wing. Harry tiredly rubbed his eyes and shifted the way he was sitting in the bedside chair. Harry had hardly slept a wink since Hermione was taken to the Hospital Wing after the ball. His butt had gone numb about three hours ago, and Hermione hadn't moved at all. Her eyes stayed close, her mouth parted slightly with light and soft breaths. He had started to cry in the beginning, because she wasn't breathing, but Madam Pomfrey got her taking breaths again. Now he was a little less afraid but he wanted nothing more than for her to wake up.

"Harry?" A voice asks from behind him, and he turns around to see Ginny standing there, looking worried. "Harry, come on. You haven't left her side since she's got here, and it's been four days."

"I know." He takes a deep breath. He had wanted to break up with Ginny, because Hermione getting hurt had really opened his eyes about who he wanted to be with. But he said nothing about it, because this just didn't feel like the right time to break up with someone.

"I brought your homework- and a note from Flitwick." She says, setting down a large pile of homework on the bedside table. "He says he hopes Hermione starts feeling better- and that you return to class soon."

"Thank you Ginny." He gives her a small hug, and she smiles at him when he pulls away.

"Don't stay cooped up here forever." She says, and then leaves, shutting the Hospital Wing door behind her. Harry turns back to Hermione, and his heart leaps.

Hermione stirs, and then opens her eyes. Harry instantly freaks out.

"Hermione? Merlin you're awake! Holy crap! Are you hungry? Are you thirsty? Do you want some water? I can get you some water... does your stomach still hurt? Are you feeling okay?" He feels her forehead. "You feel a little cold, do you want more blankets? I can call Madam Pomfrey- MADAM PROMFEY! I need you here! She's awake-"

"Harry! Breathe!" She says, gripping his hand tightly. "I'm... I'm fine." She leans back into her pillows again, still holding onto his hand. "What was in my drink? Did you guys figure that out yet?"

Harry pinches his lips together. "Yeah... when I carried you in here, Ron told Madam Pomfrey that he put a love potion in your drink to make you fall in love with him..." He rushes to defend Ron st the sight if a scowl on Hermione's face. "Just long enough for you to give him a chance!"

"Ugh, Ron!" She put her head in her hands. "Why did that put me in the hospital though?"

"Apparently you're extremely allergic to some ingredient in love potions... powdered moonstone." Harry responds, and she frowns.

"I told Ron that I didn't feel the same from what I used to when I kissed him. I fancy someone else but he won't let go!" She says, slapping the bed wth her free hand. She still holds on to his, and he frowns.

"Who do you fancy? What's he like, I mean." He sighs. "Sorry, not a good time, huh?"

She laughs. "No, it's okay, I'll tell you." She thinks for a moment. "Well, he's a Quidditch player, and I'm really good friends with him. Like really good friends with him. And... he's good looking and athletic, he's super sweet and cares a lot about everyone. He's awesome." She finishes, and Harry instantly feels jealous about whoever she fancies. "How is it with Ginny?"

Harry frowns and looks at the ground. "It's going okay- but I think I'm starting to fancy someone else."

"Oh. What's she like?" Hermione asks, playing cool like she doesn't care who it is.

"She's super smart, the smartest person I know, to be honest. She's clever and witty and funny, she can cheer me up without even trying, really. She just has to be there. And she's beautiful, so pretty and... she's just amazing. I'm really good friends with her too."