Chapter 19- Studying Builds Up

"What is the Wolfsbane potion used for?" Hermione asks, holding a book and quizzing Ron. Harry and Ron were both sprawled onto the carpet as Hermione asked them questions from the armchair in front of them.

"It helps to dull the effects or the werewolf's transformation as well as help to give them a more humanly mind set during their time as a wolf." Ron answers easily.

Harry and Hermione stare at him. "You sounded so smart." Harry says, and then whacks him with a pillow. "Who are you and what have you done with Ron Weasley?"

"I've stuffed him in a closet far far away." Ron responds. "You'll never find him."

Hermione smiles and then turns back to her book. "That's nice Ron-"

"I'm not Ron! I'm Phillip!"

Harry laughs, and Hermione flips the page. "Phillip eh? That's nice. Harry- demonstrate a stunning spell."

Pointing his wand at a mouse skittering around in the corner, he mutters the spell, making the mouse freeze and fall over.

"Too bad Crookshanks isn't here to take care of mouse duty." Ron notes, and Hermione responds to that by throwing one of her scrolls of HIstory of Magic notes at his head. "Ouch! Harry, tell your girlfriend to lay off!"

"She makes her own decisions." Harry responds, and Hermione throws another scroll of notes at him. He catches it this time and sticks his tongue out at her.

"Just because I'm his girlfriend doesn't mean I'm not your best friend." She says. "You're fully able to ask me yourself."

Ron picks up the scrolls and inches towards the fire, waving them closer to the flames. "Don't make me do it, Hermione."

Though they both know he would never do it, Hermione's eyes flare. "Don't. You. Dare."

Ron taps his chin with the end of her paper. "Then you have to say that you're sorry for hitting me with your notes that you refused to let me cop off of."

"How about no?"

"How about yes?"

"How about I push you over?"

Ron inches back. "I vote no on that one."

"Then give me my notes back."

Harry watches in amusement. These days their fighting was more playful, which it is right now- and less bickering. Harry was glad too, because his best friends fighting had always given him a headache. He has a feeling that the war is what made their fighting turn playful.

"I say you let Harry and I copy them down, and then yes, I will give them back." Ron offers, and he looks over at Harry. "Harry what do you think?"

Harry shrugs. "I'd like to copy her notes down, sure."

But Ron doesn't turn his gaze back to Hermione fast enough, and when he does, she's pouncing on him.

Soon Ron is pinned on the floor. "Can I have my notes back?" Hermione asks politely, and Ron groans.

"You're heavy."

"Can I have my notes back?"

"Sure." And then he hands them up to her. As soon as her work is safe in her hands, she gets up and resumes her position in the armchair. Harry's laughing at Ron, who turns over after a sigh of relief.

Harry grins. "Ron was that a tough match for you?"

"She was heavy! What did you eat for dinner, a small goat?" He asks Hermione, who pats her stomach.