Chapter 35- Freeing Bellatrix Lestrange

Something to start out with.

I understand that there hasn't exactly been 'hate' going on here, but there are a few things that I would like to say regarding your comments.

First of all- I'm trying my hardest on this book, and I need you all to remember that I am only thirteen, so yes, my writing isn't flawless. On my other fanfic as well as a little bit on this one, people are commenting saying that Ginny is always a jerk, Hermione is always kidnapped, Hermione is always helpless- and then saying that the exact same thing is happening in my books. To all of you who are writing that- you're pretty much calling my writing stereotypical, something that I really don't appreciate. It kind of hurts, because I love it when you guys comment, and every single comment is like a gold star to me- I love them. And everytime I see that someone commented I get excited, and it really hurts my feelings when it turns out that the comment was only to say that my story was just like all of the other ones out there.

So please, constructive criticism only, and please remember- I see every single comment that you guys provide me with. Talking about all of this with you has sort of crushed my writing spirit, so I'm sorry if this chapter isn't good.

On with the story I guess.

Hermione pales, her wand shaking. "Dennis isn't gone. You're lying."

Bellatrix cackles. "Oh, my dear- Dennis is alive, sure, but he is gone. There is no way for you to get to him without my help."

Hermione's eyes light up in anger. "Help us then!"

Bellatrix taps her chin. "No- I don't think so."

"I'll make you help us! I will!"

She laughs again. "The only possible way to force a ghost to do anything is- oh, wait. You can't. Sure, you can ban them into the afterlife, forbid them to come back and, well, call upon them. But, you can not force them to do anything. However."

Hermione's eyes narrow. "However?"

Bellatrix tugs harshly at a ghostly lock of hair. "I will reveal the location of Dennis, if... you free me."

"No!" Harry shouts. The thick black fog had just started to clear up, and Hermione could see him slightly. "Hermione, we can find another way- we just went through all of that trouble to lock her up and ban her. We can't lose that now."

Hermione shakes her head. "When freeing a ghost, it does not mean that they can run free in the mortal world, terrorising the inhabitants. Instead, if the spell is cast correctly, it means that they are released from their punishment of serving a ghost, to be held in the immortal world, where it will be chosen whether they will reside in heaven or hell." Hermione recites. "Bellatrix has killed far too many people and done far too many terrible things to be put in heaven, so my releasing her would likely resolve in her going to hell. Either way, she wouldn't be able to bother us and we would get Dennis back."

"And the downside?" Ron asks.

Hermione frowns. "The downside would be that Bellatrix would no longer have to suffer her punishment as a ghost, but I'm sure it will be much more terrible where she's headed."

Bellatrix struggles against the bonds, but Harry and Ron had her wrapped tight. "Yes, yes, I'm off to a terrible place, yada yada. Will you do it then? Free me for Dennis?"

Hermione thinks, before nodding. "Yes, I will. But I want you to show me where Dennis is before I even think about releasing you."

Bellatrix sneers. "Trust issues, eh?"