Chapter 8- Malfoy Reveals

Harry glared across the potions classroom at the back of Malfoy, hating him now more than he had before the war. He had thought they had patched things up after Harry saved his life... but now he wanted nothing more than to shove Draco Malfoy's face in his cauldron and wait for the after effect.

Harry had absolutely no idea what Draco had done to get Hermione to like him so much, but it made him so angry that he wanted to scream. How dare he take the girl that Harry had never really verbally said he wanted? What did he think this was? A free-for-all?

But the truth was, yes, Harry did want Hermione to be his. He wanted to be able to buy her chocolates and tell his friends that they were for her. He wanted to be able to brag to all of the boys who fancied her (and there were a lot) that she was his. He wanted to wrap his arms around her and comfort her when she was scared, and wipe her tears away when she was sad. And hold her close to him until he was forced to let go, and even then he would find a way to get right back to her. But he also wanted her to be happy, and if being with Malfoy made her happy, then he figured he would just have to live with that constant pain.

Harry was careful with the word love, because it was a powerful word that was often tossed around as if it had no meaning, but it did. He cared for Dean and Seamus, but he wouldn't say he loved them. Neville, Luna and the Weasley's, however? He loved them with a burning passion. And before all of these feeling for Hermione had blossomed up, he had loved her the same way he loved Luna and how he now loved Ginny- as a sister. But all of that was messed up.

He loved her as a best friend. Like a sister. But how can you say you love someone like a sister when that isn't how you feel at all?

You can't.

~~~~~

Hermione sat next to Harry and Ron in the Great Hall that day.

Visual happiness and relief bloomed on their faces as she took her old place next to Harry, and she smiles at them. "Hey guys. I've been meaning to talk to you about something."

Harry expects for her to say something along the lines of an explanation of why she had been avoiding them. Sure, she probably felt guilty like Harry had, but Ginny said it was something about her being afraid to fancy him. Harry couldn't understand why, he had kissed her that night, not the other way around. And he didn't bite or anything...

But that wasn't at all what she said. "I'm feeling a little worried about our positions exam. I was rewriting the one over Dittany, the one that's due tomorrow, and I reckon it's to long. Do you think it'll be alright?"

Harry and Ron quickly picked up that she didn't want to talk about the past few weeks, and just wanted to act natural. "I'm sure you'll do fine, Hermione... you always do, and whenever you overwrite you get extra credit, not lost points." Harry says, taking a corned beef sandwich (not like the dried ones Mrs. Weasley would send with Ron) and bites into it.

Ron frowns. "Why did you have to rewrite you Dittany essay? You're always so careful with you homework, you never let anything get spilled on it..." He trails off, waiting for an answer.

Hermione goes noticeably pink and shakes her head. "I just felt like redoing it, that's all."

Ron smirks at her in a knowing way but says nothing, taking a Hagrid sized swig of pumpkin juice. His eyebrows raise from behind the goblet as someone approaches from behind them, and it's none other than Draco Malfoy. Harry glares at him, scooting closer to Hermione and wondering if she was dating him. Draco's eyebrows raise in amusement, and Harry knows instantly that Draco understands why Harry is mad at him.

"Hermione, I brought you some more." He says, the flicker of amusement in his eyes dying away. "You can mix it with your pumpkin juice, and it should work just fine." Hermione holds out her hand and Draco presses something into it, closing her fingers around it. He straightens up. "Potter, do you think you can meet me outside of the library during our free period? Thanks."

Healing the Brokenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें