Chapter 24- The Last Trip To Hogwarts

"Right, this is the last time you will ever ride the scarlet train engine to Hogwarts." Mrs. Weasley said, handing them their trunks from the back of the car they had journeyed in. "So I suggest you make it count- play games, talk to people, order everything from the cart- because after this you'll only get on the train one more time, and that time will be on the ride home, so make it count."

"Bloody hell mum, way to dampen the mood." Ron mutters, and Mrs. Weasley pull them into a hug, tearing up.

"My babies have all grown up!" Mrs. Weasley cries.

Mr. Weasley grins. "Honestly, the war was at convenient timing. George decided to go back to school, you three were finishing your last year, and Ginny was as well since she already served her sixth- you get to graduate together!"

Harry agrees. "Yeah, it's kind of cool the way it worked out." He glances over at George, who was chatting with Lee Jordan and clutching the necklace that held his brother's hand from the family clock in his hand. "Is George okay?"

"A little shaken up by thinking about Fred, but yeah, he'll do alright." Mr. Weasley replies sadly. "He- I reckon the loss hurt him the most."

A minute later, George comes back to the group. "We'd better board- I heard the whistle."

He takes his things, hugs his parents and boards the train. Hermione frowns. "I have to go talk to him- my parents feel really bad for bringing up Fred and the shop, and I want to tell him that they didn't mean it."

"Hermione dear, he knows they didn't mean it. He's just used to no one talking about it. He wasn't ready." Mrs. Weasley says, trying to reassure her, but Hermione shakes her head.

"No, really- I need to talk to him." She gives both Mr. and Mrs. Weasley a hug. "Thank you both- for everything." And then she too boards the train, yelling back at Harry and Ron, telling them to save a seat for her.

Harry, Ron and Ginny gave Mr. and Mrs. Weasley a hug and they too climbed on board, Harry thinking about how true Mrs. Weasley's words were- they only got to ride this train more more time after today- and then they were done.

~~~~~

Hermione slipped down the aisle, following George, who was much father down the hall than she was. He disappears into an empty compartment- he always sits by Lee, who was still outside saying goodbye to his parents.

Hermione moves quickly and hurries down the hall until she reaches his compartment, and slides the door open.

George looks up from a book he was reading, and grins slightly. "Well well well. What are you doing in this neck of the woods, Hermione?" He sets the book down and Hermione's eyes scan the cover- he was reading Hogwarts A History.

Deciding she wanted to ease into the apology rather than jump right out with it, Hermione uses the book title a part of her icebreaker. "So, reading Hogwarts A History?"

George nods, looking down at it and folding the corner of the page down before shutting it. Hermione look appalled.

"You bent the page down?"

"That's how I keep my place..." George says, confused at her sudden burst of emotion.

"Ever heard of a bookmark?"

George raises and eyebrow. "I don't have any."

Hermione reaches into her carry on bag and pull out a black bookmark, sliding it in place in his book and fixing the page. She then sits down opposite of him. "What made you want to read that?"