Chapter 39- A Due Death

Just a reminder, the characters are in the year 1999.

"And the couch goes....here." Hermione finishes with a flick of her wand, setting down the couch that had been hovering in the air. They both
looked around at their new house, which was all set up.

The front door opened into the living room, which had a wood floor. Every part of the house had a wood floor, except for the tiled bathroom. In the living room there was a TV mounted on the wall, and a large black couch that paired with a love seat, and a cute little glass topped table on both sides of the couch.

The large living room opened up into a dining room and a kitchen, which had a black granite counter and dark wood cabinets and table. Down the hall was a bathroom and three bedrooms- Teddy's, a guest bedroom, and the one Harry and Hermione had decided to share.

"So." Hermione had said. "Three bedrooms..."

"Yeah, we can always just use the third as a guest bedroom." He caught her eye and coughed. "That is, if you want to share a room with me, but if you don't I understand..."

She smiles. "Yes, Harry, I will share a room with you- no need to be worried."

The bathroom was white, with a shower, toilet, sink... the things you need in a bathroom. The floor was white tiles, and the walls were a pleasant gray color.

Harry and Hermione's room was large, with a king size, squishy bed and mint green walls. Hermione had liked that color, and she said that the green would always remind her of him. They had a TV in front of their bed, mounted on the wall as well, and a dresser and closet filled with both of their clothes. Hermione had insisted on adding an enormous bookshelf, and her side of the bed already had a book resting on her bedside table.
It also had a his and hers bathroom connected to it, of which didn't have a shower, but a large jacuzzi bathtub, and a really nice toilet- according to Harry, anyway.

Teddy's bedroom, of course, was adorable.

His walls were painted a robin egg blue, with a wooden floor and white ceiling. Teddy was over a year and a half old now, and he had been moved to a 'big boy bed' by Andromeda, who said that he was starting to climb out of it frequently. He had even started to say a few words- he already knew Harry and Hermione's name, which they had him call them by.

"We definitely should have him call us by our first names." Hermione says. "We can't pressure him into calling us his parents."

Harry nods. "You're right.

So yes, Teddy had a racecar bed. It was white, and it had blue covers. He had a dresser and a toy chest that they had already filled with toys, and a tiny bookshelf for when he started to read. Painted on the walls was a single line of racecars, and they passed right by his bed. He had a tiny dreamcatcher hanging by the window, which had a ledge filled with pillows and stuffed animals for him to sit and look at.

And then the doorbell rang.

"That must be Teddy." Hermione says, and they both walk into the living room, opening the front door wide to see a smiling Andromeda and grinning Teddy. Andromeda also had a bag of his things.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione had seen Teddy frequently since his parents passing, and so he was very familiar with their faces. As soon as the door opened he stretched out his arms- Andromeda was holding him.

"Oh- look at you!" Hermione cooed as Harry scooped him up from Andromeda.

"Harry!" Teddy said. He was nearly reaching his second birthday now, and he knew a few words, but had yet to make a complete sentence. He looked over at Hermione. "Hermy!"

Hermione smiles and takes him from Harry, giving him a tight squeeze. As Hagrid had said some years back, when introducing them all to Grawp, Hermione's name was too hard to pronounce. So Hermione agreed that until he knew more words and spoke better (and maybe after) she would let him call her Hermy, though she said she preferred not to keep it forever.