Chapter 15- Meeting The Parents

"You need a distraction."

"Try talking me out of going to visit her again, I dare you." Harry growls back.

"You have gone to visit her every single day."

"And why exactly do you care?" Harry says, whirling around and pointing his finger at Cho. "You haven't talked to me since fifth year except for when I came back to save your butts, and now here you are wanting to be friends again while I'm worried for my dying best friend!"

Cho sighs. "Exactly. That's exactly what I'm talking about."

"What?"

"At the end, you said she was dying. We all know that she's not going to make it Harry- I mean honestly, Sectumsempra to the stomach, not to mention the likely use of Crucio, and that she was all alone? Harry her chances are slim."

Harry scowls. "Hermione taught me to hold onto hope, no matter how slim it is. And what does that even prove anyway?"

Cho throws her hands in the air. "Why are you bothering to break your heart over someone who's not going to make it? There are plenty of other girls out there for you."

Harry's eyes glare coldly at her. "If you weren't a girl, I would punch your nose. But, I'm all for gender equality, so I suggest you leave me alone." And then he turns on his heel and marches out, leaving her standing in shock behind him.

At the end of everyday Harry went to visit her in St. Mungo's. He told her things that happened that day, he told her that he cared about her, and that it was okay, and she could take her time coming back because he wanted her back but she could ake as long as she needed. Then he would have to sneak back in with his invisibility cloak.

The staff of St. Mungo's were doing the best they could, though it was two weeks before she even showed the slightest sign of getting better. Yesterday her stomach had even healed up a bit, however they were still afraid her heart wouldn't make it.

Harry ran as fast as he could, right down to the entrance of Hogsmeade, where he apparated right outside of St. Mungo's.

He expected there to be a line- there had been one on every single other time that he had been to St. Mungo's. But this time it wasn't even a line- just a guy in front of him talking about a dragon bite from a Swedish Short Snout that had gotten infected.

"Sir you do realise that only licensed dragon trainers are allowed to handle contact with dragons? I'll get you a room, of course, but I need to see a dragon trainers license." The irritable desk lady says, pushing her red hair out of her eyes. Harry watches as her hair turns purple, and he feels a stab in his heart as he is reminded of Tonks.

"Um, yeah, I'll get that... just a second..." And then he turns and runs out of the lobby, the bell attached to the door clanging behind him. Harry takes a step forward as the office lady rolls her eyes.

"I don't think he had a license." Harry says quietly, the corner of his mouth tipping up. She glances up at him, nodding.

"I noticed." She fills out a form, and Harry watched as she checks a box labeled Illegal Magical Creature Handling and another labeled Dragon. Then she scribbles his name on the paper, signs the bottom, and slips it into an envelope addressed to the Ministry. She taps the cage of an owl perched beside her, waking the large tawny awake from his slumber, and he takes the note, flying out the window and into the night. She finally turns back to him. "How may I help you?"

"I'm here to see Hermione Granger. She's-"

The lady nods. "Mmhmm. Everyone in St. Mungo's knows about the poor Granger girl. Are you here to say goodbye to her?" She asks, pushing her purple rectangle glasses further up her nose and searching through some files for a guest pass.